So Sad and Hopeless : Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by TracyJS, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Torbay is full of people down here on holiday. They are not pleased that it’s been raining today☔️ Shame!
      Eve x
      @Jcb

2. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Oh, I bet that was nice to see a bit of rain and cool things down. I bet the tourists were not happy at all :LOL:

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Tom Arnold-Hames ,
      Not made much difference as have it loud in both ears..
      love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

TracyJS Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I am hearing a very high pitched, sometimes piercing hissing in both ears that can be very variable from day to day or even in the same day. Yes, I hear it above everything during the day and at night, of course. When it’s really bad it’s a 9/10.

5. Tom Arnold-Hames

Tom Arnold-Hames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      DJ'ing
      Ok it seems you have a similar T. Please trust me Tracy it will get better x

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Tom Arnold-Hames

Tom Arnold-Hames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      DJ'ing
      Oh trust me I am not being rude. When it comes to T there is no helpful post. However the insinuation that I am gay due to merely a photo is not helpful. Like sexualality has anything to do with what you here on a daily basis. Me and my partner, female if it’s a necessity to know, deal with T on a day to day basis, and is not fun in the slightest. If there is anything more I can help with I’d be happy to help.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I did manage to get out for a bit.
      Tinnitus has been very bad today. :(

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It’s such a nasty cycle we get into, like you’re stuck on a roundabout just going round and round. Just keep trying to get out each day, occupy your mind (which I know can be so difficult as my concentration is nowhere like it used to be with T) have you tried any breathing techniques? Camille tea? You just have to keep putting one foot in front of each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have tried those things. My tinnitus can be very loud and intrusive. I hear it above just about everything. Concentration becomes extremely hard, unfortunately.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You have very loud and intrusive tinnitus, too? And now you only hear it in silence?

11. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I totally understand, maybe keep trying to do them a few times a day and see where it takes you. You could always take up your friends offer of a witchism.... that may well be the cure for all us eh

• Funny Funny x 3
    12. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      @TracyJS I think our attitudes towards T can constantly change. After 1 year and 7 months I know that my reaction towards T has improved. It's still severe and drives me crazy. But I know right now I'm doing better. Especially since it got severe it just made me go mental. I thought I was losing my mind. While I'm not habituated to it or anything I know I'm doing better compared to before.

Back in May I even had this horrible morning when my T woke me up with new terrifying sounds and I couldn't hear anything else but it. My reaction stayed calm and it went away after 4 hours. Of course it freaked me out when it came back the next two mornings. But I think it's good to know that despite what we're going through we are becoming stronger. :huganimation: Even if it did put me in a bit of a bad place for a while, because really the idea of living with T forever just hurts.

That all sounds kind of wishy washy when I read it, but I hope it helps.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My wiccan friends tried "magic" on me to cure me. Multiple "spells". Even one that was supposed to pull "the demon of tinnitus" out of me. Ha-ha. We just ended up drunk and naked in the forest. o_O:ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    14. Tom Arnold-Hames

Tom Arnold-Hames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      DJ'ing
      Oh no, I here it all the time, it’s just I have heard it more of late. Tracy In time you’ll only here what you want to here. That is the truth. I hear mine day in and day out, but I try so hard not to let it bother me. You have subjective tinnitus, like most of us here. But trust me it will get better. That may be hard for you to believe but I have been through the worst. I have 2 fans either side of my bed but I can still hear the same constant scream in my ears, will it beat me... no... because I won’t let it. Time is a great healer and for someone who has had it so long I can assure you it will get easier xxx

15. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That actually made me belly laugh :ROFL::ROFL: thank you very much for that my friend..... to be honest, if you have never woken up naked after dancing and drinking all night in a forest after a Wiccan ritual can you say you have actually lived??

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Shera I have an idea... why don’t you, myself, @TracyJS and Tracy’s friend and whom ever would like to partake in this... all go to a forest, find a good ole tree stump to use as an altar and have ourselves a Wiccan ritual and cast some spells and whatever else they do o_O.... surely we will cure ourselves right?
      I don’t own a cat so I will have to borrow my neighbours (I’m assuming she has one) or if a see a stray cat I’ll pick that up and we can begin the festivities (not sure if that’s the right word) what’s the worst that could happen eh??
      If that fails and we can all drink ourselves into oblivion....

Ps how you doing Tracy?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Jcb
      That’s quite an elaborate plan you got there. Makes me think you’ve been thinking about this for quite some time :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    18. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Thank you jcb, my comment on a helpful post has turned unpleasant. Very hurtful, you are kind. As someone who had a complete emotional breakdown in January due to severe T I’m not sure that I’m deserved of that response.
      Eve
      @Jcb

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Jcb
      Actually, since tinnitus was a bit quieter this morning, I decided to be brave and go to stay with a friend close to Chicago. It was an hour drive on busy Chicago expressways. A little concerned.

It’s the 4th of July here...Independence Day from you Brits!! A big deal. Parades, carnivals, cook outs, fireworks. None of that is in the cards for me this year.

• Like Like x 1
    20. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Oh well,....at least you had some fun!.....:D

21. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It’s only when Shera told her little story that made me laugh a lot, thought it would be hilarious if we would have tried that... simple things amuse me sometimes haha
      I’m so happy it seems a little quieter today, take each little victory with both hands and run. I’m happy you won’t be alone today and you don’t have to have all the fireworks and loud celebrations to enjoy it, just a nice meal and talk with friends.
      Happy 4th of July Tracy :)

• Like Like x 1
    22. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think he may have misunderstood what you said at first, and got a bit defensive. Pay no mind to him, that’s why I didn’t bother replying to his next message. You’re a lovely woman Eve, try and not take things to heart If some people get a bit snappy.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you, @Shera. I’m glad you feel like you are handling Tinnitis a bit better.

It can be so hard to manage the fear, anxiety, and panic, especially when it’s severe. Thanks for the encouragement. :huganimation:

24. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Tracy,

I went back and read your OP. I have not read the rest of the thread except for several posts on this page. So, I want to ask how long your T and H been at this severe level?

The reason is that I had my T and H at a similar level for four months. I thought that it was a permanent change. This brought me from discouragement to bordering on despair. At times it was so bad that I could not even remain seated. I know what you're going through. I just want to give you some hope that it might turn out to be temporary, that is, a prolonged spike.

I just wanted you to know that others here have also experienced prolonged spikes and they eventually passed. I just wanted to give you some hope to help you cope. It might actually help to reduce your level of anxiety if you know that it just might pass.

Jim.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    25. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ha-ha! Glad to make you laugh.

Bit embarrassed how many times I have "woken up naked after dancing and drinking all night in a forest". Not always for wiccan purposes. :ROFL:

You've put a lot of thought into that plan. I hope the cat is for purposes of observation and being a familiar. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    26. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yep! Have to take the fun where ever I can get it anymore.

27. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My vivid imagination can still work every now again ;)
      Trust me I’ve woken up in stranger places but won’t go into that :ROFL:
      Of course the cats would be familiars, that’s what I thought you needed to have when you do Wicca?

• Funny Funny x 1
    28. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Simple is the best time. Then this should amuse you. We had to pull a girl down from a tree the next morning. Not even sure how she got up there, or stayed up there . . . or how we left her behind. It tickled me to think of a poor bowhunter stumbling across her naked butt up in the tree! Ah, a full moon celebration indeed.

• Funny Funny x 1
    29. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @TracyJS

Happy fourth as well. We're picking spots in our backyard to watch the firworks around our valley!

30. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You know . . . now I have to ask the girls why they never bring their familiars. I'm sure it's simply so they don't get lost. Though I feel like they'll tell me their spiritually connected or some such thing. Not a wiccan myself.

• Funny Funny x 1