So Tired of This (On Saturday Woke Up to Silence — Later on It Came Back Loud as Ever)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mont, May 15, 2017.

1. Mont
      Shitfaced

Mont Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Tinnitus has been my friend for close to 18 months. Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30am to silence.

I was so happy I went and took a walk around my neighborhood to just enjoy the silence. Went back home and fell back to sleep and awoke to the loudest my T has ever been just three hours later.

It has been screaming loud ever since. WTF. So tired of this shit.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That's just tinnitus fucking with you. It's normal.

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That's pretty encouraging: it means there is a state in which your body doesn't generate this bogus sound, so you are able to do it, physiologically speaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Try to take that as a positive. Living with T, it is best we stay as calm and positive as we humanly can, because stress and anxiety can aggravate T. So instead of focusing on the 'awakening response' after a short sleep, quite a common thing, try focus on the fact that you are now having some silent days. If you can keep off the limbic system by staying calm and by engaging with living again, the number of silent days will probably easier to come by and with longer duration of silence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      This is exactly what mine does, and it seems its very common.
      I have no idea why, but sleep has something to do with this whole damn mess - not sure if its the sleep or the sleep position - neck, jaw etc.
      When its quiet my energy surges as I am no longer wasting energy trying to ignore the damn thing...
      Somehow you have to stay calm and carry on as panic and despair are like fuel for it.
      I hope its better for you soon !

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mont
      Shitfaced

Mont Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Sucks t is affecting my work performance also. Luckily I own my own business but have had to give more and more of my work to my secretary. I just cannot concentrate like I used to.

7. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Mont
      hey Mont I've been going on almost 4 years now and some days I get so tired of fighting this beast but I always tell myself that I need to keep going if not for me for my family....people have no clue the challenges this presents
      hang in there man try to stay positive