Sometimes I "Feel" Tinnitus as Much as I "Hear" It...

Discussion in 'Support' started by LisaH, Mar 14, 2018.

1. LisaH

LisaH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely an Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
      Hi all,

Very new here--woke up with fullness in my right ear, which progressed to tinnitus (right ear only at first), but is now in both ears. Very high pitched. Pulling at the very thread of my sanity. It's 3 weeks today--trying to cope.

My question is--does anyone "feel" their tinnitus? Like, even when it's relatively "masked" by ambient noise, etc., my head is buzzing--feels thick and "vibrate-y". The head noise is the worst part, for me, so far...

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      yes i could feel/sense it when drunk even though i couldn't hear it. In the beginning stages it was all over my head in such a way that my brain just could not rest in any situation. Once it calms down it becomes much easier to deal with trust me.

3. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Yup. Seems to be common with high-pitched tinnitus.

4. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      YES

5. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yes, me too. Especially at times when the T is extra bothersome.

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I think an extremely low or high frequency noise will give the illusion of that.

7. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes absolutely! Fullness in my ear is worse than the noise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I'm almost three weeks in too and the fullness is definitely noticeable along with the screeching. I sometimes wonder if the fullness goes away the T will be less noticeable.

9. Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Some days I feel it and it feels like somethings trying to drag my inner ear out. This is going to sound strange but best way I can describe it is it feels like what I imagine it feels like to do the thing dumbledore does with the memories from his ear in the Harry Potter films. Strange analogy I know but best way to describe it and apologies for not knowing the specific potter terminology.

10. Daniel95
      Tired

Daniel95 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Approximately 01/10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/sinus Infection/headphones/maybe antibiotics
      I can feel a strange sensation alongside weird "hot flushes" in my left ear with intrusive T. The one in the center of my head is just a tone though.

11. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For two years I had tinnitus only. But since a second noise exposure last month, I've been having this feeling you describe. I agree with @slipware that it's even worse than the noise. I can sometimes distract myself from the noise, but I can't distract from this.

12. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm having a similar issue. It used to be pretty hard to notice but my ears have been reacting badly to certain sounds lately. This then translates to a more intrusive 'hissing', that can indeed be felt just as well as it can be heard. That is actually a good way of describing it. Hard to mask it that way, with anything. Even when driving on the highway at 70mph and the radio on, I can still 'feel' or hear it.

13. Turner
      Balanced

Turner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/16/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Definitely! And I agree this can be the worse part. It makes me feel aloof, unfocused, vague and disconnected. It's next to impossible to explain or describe this to someone who doesn't have T. It's like living in a cloud. There's more to T than just the sound. @LisaH thank you for this post, it validates what I have been feeling but couldn't really describe. Wishing you the best (y)