Soooo Angry And Upset

Discussion in 'Support' started by bill 112, Apr 25, 2014.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sean, I don't really know what to think anymore, I initially thought the worsening of my tinnitus last year was caused by a brief loud noise, but because of the long delay it could have been something unrelated? some say brief loud noises won't do damage (only gun shots, explosions are brief noises that can cause damage), only the prolonged loud noises will (loud music, movies etc) But then I think what if all the brief noise exposures are cumulative over time, slowly making things worse?

If so then decide to wear earplugs when out, there is the risk of making your ears more sensitive to sounds! I'm hoping all these brief noises won't make things worse,
      because there everywhere/happen regularly.

2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids

Bill
      I like people who do good deeds; I hate it when they don't get 'paid in kind'. Sorry dude, that's a bummer -- but good on you for helping that lady; hearing news like that kind of makes my day. Don't let T stop you from being a good guy -- just keep on rockin' !

I've had real bad T spikes (even recently) and it's always the same thoughts going through my head -- and always the same outcome. I think 'Oh no! Is it going to stay like this?!?!?' -- my rise in anxiety makes it worse, makes me focus on it more, and makes it last longer'; and then the outcome -- it dies back down to 'normal'. Same as it ever was...

I've had T for a year now and each time I have a spike it gets a little easier to deal with because I can look back at a little bit of history. But I have to admit, that still doesn't stop me from the 'Oh no!' syndrome.

Spikes stink -- hate them!! Hang in there...

Mark:)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      My son is 21, does dj-ing sometimes (stupidly loud), wears his iPod earphones on his scooter to work and has now just put an expensive sound system in his car. I've warned him several times that I do not want him to go through what I've been through but he is not taking it seriously. Then low and behold he started complaining of a crackling sound and pain in his right ear whenever he bends over. I fear he may have to learn the hard way :(

• Hug Hug x 1