Soooo Angry And Upset

Discussion in 'Support' started by bill 112, Apr 25, 2014.

1. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Well I was leaving work today and I got into my car,before leaving I noticed a woman with what appeared to be cerebral palsy struggling to open a door so I got out of my car and opened the door for the lady just trying to be nice next thing you know some idiot blew his horn directly beside me!!Have a bad T spike now and headache as a result thanks to H and dont know if it made things worse or not.Im totally pissed,sad and frustrated right now.Just trying to do a good deed and this is how im repayed??No justice in the world:(:mad::banghead:

• Hug Hug x 13
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Sorry to hear that bill but I'm sure it will die down over t next few days. Many people on here have been exposed to loud sound and have had temp spikes. My self included

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Im sorry :-( it should die down soon.. Try and stay calm.. You still did
      A GREAT deed for someone.

• Like Like x 1
    4. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Bill,

The horn though loud wasn't long enough to cause any permanent damage.
      You will be fine. The spike will eventually settle down.

How quickly? Who knows.
      But I do know from experience that the more I worried about it, the more anxious I got, the more stressed I got the longer it took to subside.

Over the years this has happened enough times to me and always it has subsided.

I know its hard to stay calm, but do what you can.

Adam

• Like Like x 2
    5. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      If you read the 2nd paragraph of this post - which is only a couple of days old - you have the solution to your problem. (And this is something I have stated in many of my posts...)

www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-at-night.4463/#post-43668

Dr Wilden recommends two simple things:

1) Protect your ears
      2) Avoid concerts and "iPod music"

By protecting your ears, they will utilize less energy than they consume, and consequently start to regenerate. This is a fundamental principle of biology.

Anyone who has been to his clinic will know that the corridor table to the right of the entrance has a large bowl on it. The bowl is full of earplugs. Help yourself each time you leave the clinic. Now you - and others - know why.

6. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi bill, I've had loud noise incidents happen to me so many times, it is very stressful when it happens, hopefully your tinnitus will calm down soon.

Just yesterday I was walking my dog 9pm in evening and had to put my fingers in my ears about 20 different times when every loud motorbike, boy racer with loud exhaust with there bass boom boxes went by etc, then walking home a turbo charged BMW pulls out of a junction (in a 30 zone) wheel spins to stupid speeds, i was crossing the road, he almost hits me and my dog, slams on his brakes, wheels lock going downhill, skids around 50 yards, makes really loud screeching noise (didn't put my fingers in my ears) got home stressed out, went to make a coffee, coffee jar falls and smashes on the floor, I'm like for fucks sake my ears! the world is so noisey! Lol. But it luckily didn't affect my tinnitus.

It is difficult trying to protect against noise, its going to happen, but I try not to wear earplugs when out and about because of the risk of developing sensitivity to sounds etc.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Aww you sound just like me on a daily day lol not to laugh at you but i tend to laugh at myself on how i must look in the general public pluggin my ears when motorcycles or booming basses come by.. I usually just throw up my finger and go mother$&@%^#!!!!!!!! Ohhh the joys of having T....

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I hate it when I'm shopping in a grocery store or drug store and all of a sudden they make loud announcements over the PA system...I have to stop dead in my tracks and put my hands over my ears!

9. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      :-( im actually the person that is constantly making announcements so i know how you feel... At my store it is soooo loud and i ask how to turn it down and my supervisor says they cant... Bs tho. I feel bad for the elderly people shopping i see so many stop and cover there ears :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yeah, its embarrassing plugging your ears in public but even more so when doing it while carrying a bag of dog sh*t! Lol. :LOL:

Edit: i have only done that the once though with a passing fire engine, i don't make a habit of it! :sick:

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    11. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mick, I think you win the award for the most surreal post of the year! :D

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks everybody for your kind words really really appreciate it.I never wear earplugs while going about my daily business but always keep a pair on me just in case but of course can never be prepared for the unexpected idiot but of course its not theyre fault as how are they suppose to know we have this condition.I was standing about 2 feet in front of the green warrior in his prius and all of sudden BEEEEP!!I nearly collapsed from the shock of it.My face went a bit numb after it and had a splitting headache as a result not to mention a T spike.Grace and Mick I know what you guys mean by getting funny reactions from people when you plug your ears Im a supervisor at petrol station and whenever im outside and a truck drives in I plug my ears and you can see the look on the drivers face of pure confusion as he drives past but hay I dont care.And dont worry Mick we have alot of those idiots here in there little supped up honda civics with fart cannons on the back thinking theyre Colin Mcrae or something revving the s**t out of there cars and burning the tyres off them.I see them every day Irelands plagued by them!!

• Like Like x 1
    13. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      The other thing that amazes me is when I'm driving, windows closed, and a car pulls up next to me or behind me at the red light, and their music is so loud I can hear it in my car. I can't imagine what they're subjecting their ears to! Usually the bass is so loud I can feel the vibrations!!

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I know what your saying my cousins boyfriend has this crazy sound system in his car its sooo loud it even shakes all the windows in his car.You can actually feel the sound pressure from it a few hundred yards away and he has it on full wack constantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      @Grace for safety reasons they actually should turn it down because regulations state that the employer has to protect the health of the worker. Perhaps you can someone who deals with job health regulations?

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Lmaooooo i walk my pup, and have had to do that few times also.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah i guess i could do that, when i asked my boss to turn it down she just rolled her eyes at me. People suck.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Grace there is a volume setting on every PA system so shes lying when she says she cant turn it down.Secondly most places set the volume on high so the shoppers will hear whats being announced.Just tell her that customers are complaining about the volume that they feel its unnecessarily loud and that should get her to lower the volume.We got a PA system where I work and it takes seconds to lower the volume so I dont know why shes so reluctant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      say that if affects the sales numbers;) that should work.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Problem solved!! Told my boss an elderly customer was complaining it was too loud... Now lets see how long they keep it down for.

• Like Like x 4
    21. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      I offen complain if the noise its too loud luckily when I go to my favorite store at the mall they lower it right away I never use to complained about it till I got . T I honestly hate what I've become

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Why are people such liers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I would probably do the same thing in Grace's situation; a boss that lies and won't turn down a sound that is hurting your ears and aggravating your T. So either risk your job and workplace animosity by taking it further or tell a white lie. The majority of us feel uncomfortable about complaining ourselves, so saying that it's affecting other people is a workaround.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah i got a lil rude with my boss but oh well these things need to be addressed.

25. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      It's annoying but many people just can't appreciate it when they don't have any reaction or sensitivity to sound. If it sounds alright to them they wonder why you are moaning.

26. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yup, its so frusterating.

27. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      If you have high frequency hearing loss many times metallic sound will be the worst
      e.g car hood slamming cutlery,-forks or spoons hitting plates, coins ,
      shopping carts going over rough surfaces etc. In the modern world it is impossible
      to avoid these. It is not just volume it is also they type or origin of the sound like
      in the examples i gave above.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I did not mean Grace was a lier. I meant her boss was, he lied that the PA system has no volume knob.
      Its electronic, have it adjusted.

29. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Like bill, the same thing has just happened to me this afternoon, I was at a supermarket car park at an ATM machine, a car like 15 feet away from me with a very loud horn goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!! Must have been around 5 seconds, i could feel the noise it is the loudest noise I've been exposed too yet! Then it happened again! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!!!! I turned around looked at the driver and shouted stop doing that you stupid f*cking bitch! Excuse my French. She just smirked and drove off. I'm hoping my tinnitus doesn't increase. :( I need earplugs just to go shopping it pisses me off no end! :mad:

30. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Mick1987- I have been wearing ear plugs when I go out ..it fu****ing sucks !!
      To prevent accident like this ..I really think we should wear plugs when we go out .i almost feel like I have disability !!sucks !
      I went on a vacation and was roaming around in a city and one very very loud bike was passing close to me. Luckily I was wearing ear plugs !