Sound and Sensation of Water Running Though a Pipe When Going from Lying Down to Standing Up

Discussion in 'Support' started by makeyourownluck, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Russell Grimes

Russell Grimes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When I stand, especially after sitting a while, I get a dramatic increase in sound intensity after about 10 seconds and then it decrescendos quickly again. When I bend over the sound intensifies also. If I am lying down relaxing the sound can get so quiet at times I barely notice it.

Perhaps when you are moving about your heart works harder to pump blood to your brain. As the blood flows faster and harder it causes your pulsatile tinnitus to become more noticeable. The question is what is causing it? It could be an arterial cause, such as an arterial venous fistula. It could be a tumor. It could be any number of things. That is what makes it so scary, the uncertainty. If you press on your neck does it alter the pulsatile tinnitus at all?

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Hey again lady Luck, I’m somewhat similar to you. I get a pulsing whoosh sound if I stand up quickly, feels like blood rush to the head sometimes, but it stops after a while or at least lessens to where I can’t hear or “feel” the pulsing. I also get the ear fullness when i stand up too, but only if I’ve been lying on my side for 5+ minutes and have my right/left ear against the pillow prior to getting up. The ear fullness will eventually go away after 30 minutes have passed. I’ve recently made notice of this, but not sure what to make of it...

Also, have the Bioflavonoids been doing anything for you lately?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Missed a trick with that user name!
      Strange how it goes away for you. I feel like mine must be physical since it’s ok in the morning, but as soon as I stand up it’s back and gets worse as the day goes on. Muscles maybe? Maybe just wishful thinking.
      I’ve not noticed a difference yet. I’m trying to stay positive, but I would be lying if I said it doesn’t get me down. The fullness is so intense it borders on pain. Really hoping it improves. How you doing yourself? Still think the bioflavonoids are helping? When did you start to notice a difference?

I’m thinking of starting systemic enzymes in case it’s inflammation. I have Prednisone for my knees, but I’m afraid to take it lol. Going to try reduce inflammation in a more natural way.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, if I press my neck it improves, the sound is still there, but the fullness and pulsing sensation improves. Trying to just convince myself it’s nothing. I don’t have the energy to take on more doctors at the moment.

Please report back when you get your MRI results. I hope it is something that can be easily fixed.

• Like Like x 1
    5. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Taking systemic enzymes is a not bad route to take, but hopefully as time passes by, the fullness eases off eventually. I’ve got some understanding of what your going through. When the fullness gets extreme, the pain feels as if you have an ear infection. Just hang there. Something’s gotta give.

But yeah, I think the bioflavonoids might be helping me. After about 2 months of use, I started to notice a difference. I’m experiencing less occurrences of ETD symptoms flaring up. Less fullness, the ear popping/clicking sound when I swallow doesn’t happen as often along with the tickling sensation in the ear. Who knows though because it was 2 months after starting it, maybe I could have gotten better without it too. But I think my issues are more related to ETD and fluid buildup behind eardrum and I’ve read reports of bioflavonoids helping in that regard.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah, this is the exact feeling, almost feels like my eardrums about to burst or something.
      I’m really glad to hear it’s improving, must be such a relief. Gives me hope. The battle to stay positive is never ending lol.

• Agree Agree x 1