Sound Enrichment at Night

Discussion in 'Support' started by RudyL90, Jun 11, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Hi folks,

I am new to the forums. Since three weeks I have had intrusive tinnitus, most likely caused/triggered by my anxiety disorder (hypochondria).
      How do you guys use sound enrichment at night? I use earbuds and the sound of a creek produced by an Android app at low volume. However, I worry (yes I worry a lot) that this will damage my hearing over time. Moreover, the earbuds almost completely block out the sound from the environment. I was wondering: what is the best way to use sound enrichment at night? At the moment I really need it. Without, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

Kind regards,
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would carry on with the sound therapy but best to use a free standing unit or pillow speakers to give your ears a break from direct sound in your ears .....lots of love glynis
    3. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can get a plug in bluetooth speaker and put it on the other side of the room.
    4. william adams

william adams Member Benefactor

S Jersey
      Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Personally I use a chromebook on my nightstand and use nature sounds from youtube. The sound of birds chirping blends with my T and seems to reduce it. Seems like everyones T is different and responds to different sounds.
    5. Lian

Lian Member

Kent U.K
      Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a cold maybe
      I have a hum that only starts when I've been in a quiet room for too long.. Sound actually stops it and I found my iPad with some apps of waves crashing on the beach or heavy rain are the best for me.