Sound Enrichment at Night

Discussion in 'Support' started by RudyL90, Jun 11, 2016.

1. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Hi folks,

I am new to the forums. Since three weeks I have had intrusive tinnitus, most likely caused/triggered by my anxiety disorder (hypochondria).
      How do you guys use sound enrichment at night? I use earbuds and the sound of a creek produced by an Android app at low volume. However, I worry (yes I worry a lot) that this will damage my hearing over time. Moreover, the earbuds almost completely block out the sound from the environment. I was wondering: what is the best way to use sound enrichment at night? At the moment I really need it. Without, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

Kind regards,
      Rudy

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would carry on with the sound therapy but best to use a free standing unit or pillow speakers to give your ears a break from direct sound in your ears .....lots of love glynis

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can get a plug in bluetooth speaker and put it on the other side of the room.

4. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Personally I use a chromebook on my nightstand and use nature sounds from youtube. The sound of birds chirping blends with my T and seems to reduce it. Seems like everyones T is different and responds to different sounds.

5. Lian
      Stressed

Lian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a cold maybe
      I have a hum that only starts when I've been in a quiet room for too long.. Sound actually stops it and I found my iPad with some apps of waves crashing on the beach or heavy rain are the best for me.