Sound Therapy International?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Polar-Bear, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      What's your budget in $, € or £? And I don't remember whether you've told somewhere, but where do you live? Prices are different in the US than e.g. in some European countries.

After knowing how much moolah you want to invest in the speaker I can better suggest something :)

2. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
    3. Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Looks good - Sound Freaq SFQ-04 SoundKick Bluetooth wireless stereo speaker

Thanks for pointing it out.

Why are they often in black though?

4. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Beats me. More color options would be nice.

But it is quite good for the price according to multiple reviews.

Sound Freaq Sound Kick SFQ-04 Unboxing And...

5. marcp
      Irritated

marcp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      Hi there is a company in Perth Australia who have a sound therapy treatment. i am currently waiting for mine to arrive by post. i have spoken to a couple of people who have had success using this form of treatment. it is not only good for T but alot of other medical problems such as Dyslexia, hearing loss, ADHD,and speech problems!

I have delt with a lady by the name of simone who herself had hearing loss and T. She now lives a life free of T.
      According to her she says it is not a quick fix but takes time and patience. The problem is people give up to early and move on.

The program is based on the research of Alfred Tomatis

check it out on this link attached.
      Sound Therapy Perth, Western Australia - Listening programs for optimal ear and brain health

I hope this works for me, Fingers crossed.:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. Linds
      Balanced

Linds Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      Hi am new to this forum so please ignore this post if this topic has been discussed.
      Has anyone tried sound therapy from Sound Therapy International?
      If you have I would really appreciate your input.
      Thanks in advance.

7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Linds ,go through the posts!!!!

8. Linds
      Balanced

Linds Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      hi carlover,
      Yeah thanks I have been this morning and I saw your post on STI.
      Its a shame you didn't get the benefits to help your T.
      I have been reading about it, they tout many benefits to it. Did you find you had any other benefit to it eg.. better concentration?

9. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Linds,well something did occur anecdotally. The TV allways had to be on volume around 27 ,after many months I realised I could hear the TV ok on volume of around 16/18.

The therapist In Australia where I was getting the product http://www.soundtherapyperth.com/ ,told me that her father a retired GP was very sceptical it could help with his hearing (no Tinnitus ) but he tried it and after 6 months hearing tests had shown that his hearing had improved by a lot (cant remeber exact figures) he was amazed as "western " medicine would deem it impossible to improve hearing once it has gone.

• Like Like x 1
    10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Me again,

thankyou for posting re Perth sound therapy.
      ive heard mixed reviews but willing to give it a go.

why did you decide upon this company if you don't mind me asking?

say as opposed to neuromonics?

is it too soon to notice any changes yet?

thanks

11. Paul 12345

Paul 12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I have been using Sound Therapy from Sound Therapy International for about a year and a half and my tinnitus is 95% gone. It definitely works, it just takes a lot of tenacity. When I first got tinnitus I read all the stuff online about how it was permanent, and that put me on the verge of suicide. I would not accept that at all. I had to find a solution. I tried acupuncture, which was an utter waste of time and money, but Sound Therapy from Sound Therapy International (I can't talk about any other Sound Therapy's from all the other places as I've only ever used this one) worked and it literally saved my life. Initially it was great just to cover the sound of the tinnitus, so I could stop concentrating on the noise, but over time my tinnitus has gradually faded and faded and I expect it to be gone completely very soon. I am completely obsessive-compulsive, so everything has to be perfect, and having tinnitus was not perfect, so I had to get rid of it, and being obsessive-compulsive also meant that I would do whatever it took to get rid of it. So I have been listening to my Sound Therapy for probably 20 hours a day or more for 18 months - which is way more than what they suggest, but it has actually worked. I use the new iPhone earphones, which fit snugly into the ears so I can use them while I'm in bed. Therefore I listen to it all day (even when at work and in the car) and all night every night when I'm asleep. I basically only take it off when I'm in the shower or having meetings. You just put it on softly so it's in the background all the time and you barely notice it. I even listen to other things on another set of headphones that I put on over the top of my earphones, so I've got the Sound Therapy working while I'm listening to audiobooks or something else.

I've worked my way through all the levels and I'm now up to Level 4 and I'm at the point now where I can only hear my tinnitus very softly if everything is really quiet. A huge difference to how it was when I first got it. I used to be able to hear it when I was in the car with the radio up loud. Now I can't hear it unless I turn everything off and concentrate. So I completely recommend Sound Therapy from Sound Therapy International. It works - you just have to be prepared to put in the hard yards - and don't give up until it's gone, even if it takes years.

All the other stuff they say on their website about how it improves concentration and IQ and comprehension and whatever else is a bit dubious. I can't really vouch for any of that stuff, but I can definitely vouch for what it does do - get rid of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
    12. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Pretty expensive.

@Paul 12345 , when did you start to feel the effects ? The testimonials are so scam like to me , but I am a super jaded T dude by now :p

13. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @RaZaH

hi one thing that i did notice is that this is the first and only post by @Paul 12345
      Sorry to say this and not wanting to be rude or anything bad at all so apologies up front but how do we know whether or not if this post by him is a scammer post or not.....just sounds to good to be true....do we have any other evidence that this works apart from this one post by a new member.
      What is there on this forum that can stop anyone posting under any pseudo name and saying how effective a contra T therapy is? Just wondering cos we never heard from @Paul 12345 before did we....on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. Markku
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      No we don't.

And if something presumably works for 1 sufferer, no conclusions whatsoever can be made from it on a larger scale really...

Nobody knows if @Paul 12345 would have gotten the same kind of benefit from listening to any kind of music therapy, e.g., free nature sounds or @Steve's free neuromodulation tracks!

These anecdotal reports always need to be taken with a grain of salt and some common sense. Just like you did here! :)

15. Paul 12345

Paul 12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I'm not scamming, it's the truth. I have absolutely no connection to Sound Therapy International at all. I am just telling you that I use it and it has worked for me. I got tinnitus on 28 May 2013 when I was driving in my car. I had the radio on listening to something that was really quiet, so I had the volume up full bore. I then put on another CD afterwards which was recorded at a much louder volume. The first thing on the CD was a massive explosion and that's when the ringing started. I had to get rid of the sound so I did everything I could to find a way to get rid of it. It has taken a long time and I'm still listening to my Sound Therapy all the time (I'm listening to it right now) and, although the tinnitus is still there very softly, I'm hoping it will go completely very soon.

Maybe other Sound Therapies such as the neuromodulation tracks might work the same, I have no idea as I have never used them, but what I have been doing worked for me. I have listened to probably over 100,000 hours of Sound Therapy over the last 18 months, so maybe if you listen to all the others for that long they might work too. Who knows. All I'm saying is this worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Fenas

Fenas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Let us know how it worked out

17. Linds
      Balanced

Linds Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      I have tried Sound Therapy International.
      Paid the money.
      My Tinnitus went through the roof.
      It might work for the other benefits it's touted for, but for me, no.
      Waste of money.

18. Paul 12345

Paul 12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Linds, how long did you use it for before you gave up? The idea is to use Level 1 for ages, then move on to Level 2, use that for ages, then move on to Level 3 and use that for ages and then finally onto Level 4. I never noticed my tinnitus 'going through the roof' at any point.

19. Hab
      Curious

Hab Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      How long in your opinion is ages? 100,000 hours is definately ages . Isn't that something like 11 years :)

20. Paul 12345

Paul 12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Sorry, I meant 10,000

21. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      For me ,I paid for level 1 then 2 then 3 ,every single day for around 6 hours plus sleeping through the night,didnt touch my T not even 1% sadly,this was for 12 months solid.

22. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Hab
      Curious

Hab Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So basically for some people it works and for others it doesn't, just like everything else I guess

24. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
    25. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Mike that is what the most of this thread relates to

For me ,I paid for level 1 then 2 then 3 ,every single day for around 6 hours plus sleeping through the night,didnt touch my T not even 1% sadly,this was for 12 months solid.

• Informative Informative x 1
    26. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I know. I started a new thread and it was merged here.

Sorry to hear about it not working. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I wasted a lot of money on this program, didn't do ANYTHING!

28. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I want something that works until then everything else seems a waste of money.

29. Neil23

Neil23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Having read many of the above and seen the book Tinnitus Retraining Therapy - priced at over £37.00!
      It really frustrates me that a book such as this should be priced so highly for a digital download that costs next to nothing to produce....

30. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Yes the authors should work for free?