Soundpillow: Dangers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JurgenG, Jun 3, 2017.

1. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Hey guys, I've seen some great improvement last months.
      But my worse ear is now better than my best ear which was almost T-free, also feels a bit full sometimes, not sure what the reason is.

Now I fear that this has something to do with the sound pillow I use. (I almost lay 100% on my best ear on the speaker of the pillow, to cover up the hissing)

I try to put it is as silent as possible, sometimes bearely audible, sometimes a bit louder to cover up the T (if it's louder).

So what I wonder: is there a legit danger in using something like this? I lay on the speaker so it's almost like a headphone (except my head moves a little in the night).

And is there a better way to do this? I tried laying on one without a speaker but I can't stand it.
      (Maybe a pillow with more speakers so it's more evenly spread in the pillow for instance?)

Any insights?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Anyone any answer on this question? I guess the level of constant noise doesn't exceed 60 dB, but I am laying on the speaker whole night.
      It's a guess though, because when I wake up I always find that I can put the level way lower. Like my ears get more sensitive in the night.

3. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Generally speaking you put sound close to your ears so its the same like using a headphone to play white noise at low volume level, not the exact same because headphones are realy direct but still it's pretty close to your ears. It's better to lay that pillow at your feet and set the volume a bit louder and use it to mask it there than straight next to your ears. Just to be safe.

• Agree Agree x 1