Spontaneous Onset of Hearing Loss and Louder Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TindalosKeeper, Apr 4, 2023.

1. TindalosKeeper
      Depressed

TindalosKeeper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Woke up with it
      Here are my current symptoms:
      • Obviously the hearing loss: Possibly 60% loss in my right ear.

• The fullness: Ohhh, the fullness... It is sometimes very noticeable and I have to pull from my ear a bit like an idiot to try and give me some relief. And sometimes I wouldn't notice it at all...

• Tinnitus: I had a pretty mild version of it that didn't bother me much when my bad ear was functioning correctly. Now it is non-stop and loud, unless I'm busy with background sound on, to mask it.

• For some reason, I hear my heartbeat very loud in my bad ear when I exercise. The faster the heartbeat is, the louder it is in the bad ear. I hear nothing if I'm at a resting position.

• May be relevant, but I sometimes hear a hollow knock when I lie down in my bad ear side when trying to sleep. Unsure if it sounds like liquid or something, I can't tell... Someone can enlighten me on this. Nowadays, I don't really hear it, which is weird. It only happens if I have been on my feet or sitting for hours, then going to lie down after. 3 seconds later, I can hear the hollow knock.
      That's pretty much it!

One day I was feeling great, the next day, it was all over.

Ask me anything else, or tell me if you have something similar to my symptoms.

Thank you for reading!

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I had similar symptoms in the beginning you listed above. But I have total hearing loss on the left ear, so the fullness is constant. My left ear also has a new loud, rumbling, jet-engine like tinnitus. My original tinnitus from the right ear is like a dentist drill but it is not as loud as the jet-engine tinnitus. It bothered me initially when new. But given time and following some helpful strategies that I share in my success story, I have managed to habituate even to this new loud jet-engine like tinnitus. I hope you have speedy recovery. God bless.

From Darkness to Light, How I Recovered from Tinnitus & Hyperacusis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1