Stanford Initiative to Cure Hearing Loss Now Lists Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Jan 11, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      https://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but they added Tinnitus to their mission statement. Every year I contribute to the cause. Money well spent, but the fact that they now list tinnitus and not just hearing loss is a great step forward for everyone on these forums.

• Like Like x 7
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Zug

Zug Member Benefactor

Hi @RB2014 do you donate to Stanford or to some other organization, if you don't mind the question?

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Have they had any success by now or human trials?

4. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      I too donate (Harvard and others). I agree that it could be money well spend. And it makes me feel good. :p
      I never noticed tinnitus was not on their mission statement.
      It makes sense that if scientists are able to regenerate/repair parts in the cochlea a lot of tinnitus and hyperacusis will be cured at the same time.

5. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Last year I made my first donation to them and plan to continue from here on out. I really never cared much about hearing loss until after I got T and I began reading about all of the work they are doing on T and hearing loss and realized that they are truly dedicated to finding a cure to both. It gives me hope that they will someday find something to help us. I'm pretty sure adding Tinnitus to their Mission statement is something new unless I missed it before.
      The contributions I made to them also made me feel better, but more importantly provide me with hope that one day I will be able to enjoy the silence I had before.

From what I understand, they are doing the research and sharing it with anyone and everyone that will listen. They havent done any human trials and I'm not sure if they plan to.

6. Zug

Zug Member Benefactor

Thanks for your answer. I donate money to ATA, but seems to me donating straight to a University like Stanford may be a better option since we know that the money goes to a good research program.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      What is ATA?
      I donate to Action On Hearing loss, Stanford and Hearing Health foundation. Small amounts, because I am not a rich person :greedy:
      Action On Hearing Loss and Hearing Health Foundation also "sponsor" research. I hope they are all serious players in the quest for a cure.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      American Tinnitus Association.

• Informative Informative x 1