Stanford Initiative to Cure Hearing Loss Now Lists Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      https://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but they added Tinnitus to their mission statement. Every year I contribute to the cause. Money well spent, but the fact that they now list tinnitus and not just hearing loss is a great step forward for everyone on these forums.

• Like Like x 7
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Hi @RB2014 do you donate to Stanford or to some other organization, if you don't mind the question?

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Have they had any success by now or human trials?

4. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      I too donate (Harvard and others). I agree that it could be money well spend. And it makes me feel good. :p
      I never noticed tinnitus was not on their mission statement.
      It makes sense that if scientists are able to regenerate/repair parts in the cochlea a lot of tinnitus and hyperacusis will be cured at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Last year I made my first donation to them and plan to continue from here on out. I really never cared much about hearing loss until after I got T and I began reading about all of the work they are doing on T and hearing loss and realized that they are truly dedicated to finding a cure to both. It gives me hope that they will someday find something to help us. I'm pretty sure adding Tinnitus to their Mission statement is something new unless I missed it before.
      The contributions I made to them also made me feel better, but more importantly provide me with hope that one day I will be able to enjoy the silence I had before.

From what I understand, they are doing the research and sharing it with anyone and everyone that will listen. They havent done any human trials and I'm not sure if they plan to.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Thanks for your answer. I donate money to ATA, but seems to me donating straight to a University like Stanford may be a better option since we know that the money goes to a good research program.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      What is ATA?
      I donate to Action On Hearing loss, Stanford and Hearing Health foundation. Small amounts, because I am not a rich person :greedy:
      Action On Hearing Loss and Hearing Health Foundation also "sponsor" research. I hope they are all serious players in the quest for a cure.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Tech Team Research Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      American Tinnitus Association.

• Informative Informative x 2
    9. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
    10. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      Maybe something like a collective donation all at once with everyone involved listed that donated.
      These individual donations do not really make a difference unless they're big.

11. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I do not agree. I think a lot of small donations are also great. As long as they are in large enough quantities.

Does anyone have the donate links to the aforementioned causes?

• Agree Agree x 1