Starbucks Hot Chocolate Treatment?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Sherri786, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Interesting story, probably worth a shot. Good luck @Sherri786 if you give it a try! I know all too well the desperation feeling of loud tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you just , I'll be purchasing the stuff online as my small town doesnt have a Starbucks.

4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      If nothing else it's made me really want a hot chocolate right now!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Sherri,

If you try it, please update us on how it works for you! It's at least worth a try. Have you been able to find that particular brand of gingko biloba?

• Like Like x 1
    6. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Read the article. That is a lot of gingko! I wouldn't take that much.

Magnesium, Rooibus tea - good!

Blue corn chips (unless organic) - not so sure about.

I think the attitude makes a lot of difference too!

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Since I'm running out of time here at work I copied and pasted it to a word document. It ought to be interesting if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Haven't tried it yet Karen , as niacin , magnesium and the occasional zinc is helping so much ,I thought I'll stick to it for a while and if t doesn't decrease any further will start the Starbucks Treatment.

Hope you're doing well, Karen xox.

9. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Do you get your magnesium from a supplement or somewhere else? I think that hot chocolate article said something about getting if from 2-3 teaspoons of epsom salts mixed in water. Sounded kind of odd.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Vicky
      I take 4000 mgs of Magnesium Citrate at bedtime, brand is " webber naturals". Yes I wondered about the Epsom salt too !

11. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      If you don't mind me asking, why do you take so much magnesium at bedtime? Are you sure you take 4000 milligrams? Usually the dose is 10 times less.

The kidneys will eliminate the excess amount in the urine, and I'm pretty sure 4000 mg is way overkill.

It would probably be more than enough (and more beneficial) to take 400 mg two times a day instead of a really big amount like 4000 mg at once.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hmm yes you're right Markku , but if I take less i can't sleep At night.Have been taking it for a while now, thinking of switching to the Chinese herbal pills soon to take a break from the magnesium.

13. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      You know I asked the lady at the health food store after work about Magnesium for tinnitus and she said no, you need chelated manganese. Anyway I decided to order some of that Arches tinnitus formula and see what happens. She also said some things you eat can aggravate it like some have a sensitivity to salycic acid and there are foods that have that I guess.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Vicky yes food is a huge issue for me. By experimenting with different foods, one at a time....I now kind of know
      Which ones spike my T ... Experimenting continues....

15. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Unfortunately I'm not a cook so I need to find the right food I can just buy and eat...or heat up in the microwave. I've never had the desire to cook and never was made to so....there ya go. Maybe I ought to check and see what foods might have salycic acid.

p.s. I drink a lot of that International iced coffee drink and I know I should cut way back but that's very hard when you find something that really tastes good because it's so comforting!

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I gave up my one cup of tea in the morning, used to love it with lots of milk and sugar ! Now no caffeine, no sugar, no salt etc :(

17. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      I'm afraid I'm still guzzling down my iced coffee drink like there's tomorrow. The only time I've given it up was a week before our Easter service becasuse I'm in the choir and have to go an hour and a half sitting on stage without being able to go to the bathroom. Didn't want to drink a lot of stuff that would make me go, lol! I don't see how a person can give up all sugar because you're supposed to eat fruit and fruit has a lot of natural sugar. Sigh...

18. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Man, that article was circumstantial enough and written well enough to be believable.... but that's also why it seems like utter bs to me. If someone else actually gets help from this I'd give it a shot (can't hurt, I like hot chocolate) but seriously, this just sounds like total garbo.

19. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Her story makes me wonder, I have many dental implants and just wonder if they might be the cause.

20. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      ive been doing the mag. vit b12 and the niacin same doses as you and week two and T has been pretty low. wow cool! i have very little spikes but they are no bother glad i follow you advice ........

• Like Like x 1
    21. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Christine,

That's great news! Those things may take a little time to work, but they often do help to calm the T a bit. I hope they continue to work well for you.

22. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      well i noticed the diffrence in 4 days whoop whoop!! ill continue to do this cause so far thank God it works oh ya and of course my teas ....

• Like Like x 1
    23. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sounds interesting is there a spot here with dosage. I will give it a try thanks

24. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      I take 1 B12 1000 mcg, 1 niacin 500mg in the morning, and at night i take 2 500 mg of magnesium along with mt Chamomile tea, or sleepy time tea .... i do this daily on the 4th day for me T seems alot lower can hardly hear it at times.... and i drink lots and lots of water

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Good to hear that Christine and happy for you, pls do keep us updated, thank you xx

26. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    27. mat

mat Member

and Christine is your t still lower?

28. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      hello everyone ! last night T was low,This morning T was low I had a lunching at church and the foods was a bit salty, T is kinda high, but i can deal with it... so i know that salt is a big deal with my T, cause when i cook at home i control the salt so i dont really use it ? so ye salt is a n0 no for sure lol, but other that that i will stick to my daily viatimins and I'm even thinking about trying the starbucks hot coco with whip cream see if it really works who knows right????

29. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Ok i attempted to do the Starbucks tall hot coco with whip cream and ginko. Its been 20 mins since drinking and still ringing but no change in volume ? Well it easy nice to be a ginny pig lol

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      You forgot the blue corn chips :) according to the blogger it only works if you eat some blue corn chips with the hot choc !

• Like Like x 2