Still No Sleep Even on 2 Sleeping Tablets :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by SusanGee, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      If you keep having constant sleeping issues I don't think its is very good to take sleeping pills as a solution. Perhaps you sshould try an antidepressant? In 3-4 months they can help you and solve sleeping solutions. (ADs help relieve stress in the brain) . I have been taking Valdoxan for almost a year now due to my generalized anxiety and this is what has helpd me sleep and also deal with the stress. Without I probably would be like you.
      Or if you don't want to take ADs try to change your lifestyle/mentality that is causing stress.

However, of course everyone is different and its better to take pill than stay awake for days. But I do believe that frequent pill taking is only ok if one has tried to deal with what is actually causing the problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      "Of all the benzodiazepines studied, only oxazepam and clonazepam were significantly more effective than antihistamines in suppressing chronic tinnitus, but these two drugs alleviated the symptom in 52 per cent and 69 per cent of the individuals treated respectively. Oxazepam 30 milligrams daily or clonazepam 0.5 milligrams three times daily provides substantial control of chronic tinnitus." Source: Cambridge Journal of Laryngology & Otology
      Hope it can be of some help

3. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      You are completely correct. I was switched to an antidepressant and I'm now finding my sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It definitely alleviated the symptoms for me, but gave me problems that made tinnitus seem like a relative walk in the park. Your milage may vary!