Stress from Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christian_B, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      So, last night, i tried yet another night, to get to a proper sleep. I noticed a weird shaking inside my body, in arms and the sides. It was like my inner muscles was shaking..

I've tried this 4-5 years back when i had some problems with anxiety or stuff... so i was wondering if this 'thing' can happen when you think to much about stuff or have periods with bad sleep?

Have any of you experienced something like this.. i must admit i panicked a little, and did the 'google-thing' and all sorts of answers came up.. Lyme disease, heart problems, stress etc etc (Sometimes you should not google stuff..)

EDIT: i still have it today, but wasn't that noticable earlier of the day, but here to at the evening i can feel it again..

2. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      I think it's anxiety related. I had just what you describe 2-3 weeks after my T set in and my anxiety was off the chart. It was especially bad at night when I was in bed trying to sleep.

I also put it down to coming off Zopiclone, which I was on for sleeping for the first 2 weeks. It lasted for a few days and then it disappeared when my anxiety began to settle down a little.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Yeah, could be.. as i said i had this a few years back as well, it's still kinda unpleasant mixed with T. = more insomnia.

Thank you for answering!

4. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Yes...this has happened to me when I first got T. I was very stressed out. In addition to the spasms and shaking, I had more headaches than usual.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Thanks for your answer :) @Teri

6. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Your only concern, Christian, should be if your body doesn't calm down when your stress and anxiety lessens. I think you will find that it will. Also, if you haven't already, try to cut down on salt, caffeine, and alcohol. That should help with the anxiety as well....at least it did for me.

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It must be some symptoms from bad anxiety. Tell me about it. I have suffered from anxiety and panic disorders for decades prior to T & H. They literally opened the flood gate of hell of relentless anxiety and panic attacks on auto mode. Ya, those involuntary shakings or muscle twitchings were all over my body during those tough time. For me there were many other symptoms such as aches and stiffness in the body, shoulder, neck and head, sweating, adrenalin rush, dizziness, disoriented, heart palpitation, shortness of breath etc. etc. Not a time I want to remember. So try to relax, take some hot bath, do some leisure walk or like me going outdoor enjoying myself. Hope you will do better and God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      When the body is in fight or flight mode, try to exercise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Still had it last night, it's weird because it's not the first 5 minutes when i lay down, it comes like 10-15 mins after.. then my body starts inner shaking like mad, at least i fell asleep fast.

I'm gonna call my GP, and ask what i could be.. just to be sure!!