Stress-Related Tinnitus? Is It Common Tinnitus Goes Down When Relaxed?

Discussion in 'Support' started by WaqasVic, Aug 13, 2017.

1. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is way different than all of you , ask me how
      My tinnitus is very much associated with stress, I mean whenever my tinnitus is very loud it's related to stress.

I noticed if I get busy or not think about tinnitus or just stay calm and relaxed, my tinnitus level goes down very much... is this common?

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @WaqasVic. Yes. That may be the key to habituation. And the fact that you are able to get it to go down to where you do not really notice it is probably a very good indicator that you will be able to fully habituate and return to a normal life.

@Michael Leigh write a great post on habituation:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/the-habituation-process.20767/

He links three other posts of his at the end, all worth reading (though you probably have read them by now).

Again, the fact that you can get the tinnitus to dissipate is a good sign, I both envy you and am very happy for you; it seems that you have a fairly clear path to peace.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Stress does tons of negatives to the body and mind. Being calm and reducing your stress is vital, in the lives we live...

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      My tinnitus shoots way up during stress. Anxiety, anger, overstimulation, etc. It doesn't necessarily go down much when I'm relaxed but it sure as hell goes up when I'm stressed. A good night's sleep helps it go down. Not a nap, though!