Stressed Out!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Donna Gaumond, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Donna Gaumond

Donna Gaumond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/1972
      Okay, I had the Cat scan of my head, neck and ears. My doctor is on vacation. I have an appointment on the 16th. I called and asked to have the results. I was told everything was normal. I know it is not because I still have the whooshing 24/7. Sometimes it is louder than other times. If I go for a walk with headsets on, I am sound free. I use to hate my tinnitus but the pulsatile is much louder and worse. I can feel the blood pulsing in my ears. I guess I have to wait until the 16th. I felt calm when I heard that everything was normal but now I think that they just want me to wait until my appt. or...nothing showed in this test. Now what. I am again tense.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Donna,
      Well, I'm glad that everything is normal. That is good news. However, I know how hard it is to deal with this infernal whooshing and not know what's causing it. That's where I'm at right now.

I'm currently going to a chiropractic neurologist, who is working with me to maybe minimize my pulsating (don't know if that's possible, but I'm willing to try).

I understand what you mean when you say you can feel the blood pulsing in your ears. It's hard to describe to someone who hasn't experienced it, but it's more than a sound, it's definitely a feeling. And it can be quite scary.

Please do remember that it is good news that you don't have any abnormalities that showed up on the tests. Hopefully, your doctor will be able to give you a better and clearer explanation when you see him. Maybe he can suggest to you where you go from here. Stay strong; all is well!!