Sudden Loud Morse Code, Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by NimQ, Jun 6, 2017.

1. NimQ
      Alienated

NimQ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011, got worse 09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Something happened totally out of the blue. I don't understand what is going on and I'm freaking out! Maybe someone can help.

This evening I suddenly started hearing a new loud high pitch tone: a messed up and broken morse code. I thought it came from my computer and was shocked to find out it's in my ear. It's a strong broken electric signal with random fragmented fast-paced beeps, varying in volume and sound. There's a mass of overlapping chirps combined with a multiple broken isolated signals. It comes in erratic fast-paced waves; keeps accelerating louder again and again, going in cycles. I have never experienced T like this! The crazy beeps get louder with background noise, so I can't mask it.

I can't think of a reason! I ran errands briefly today - I forgot my noise-cancelling headphones home today, but it was not very loud at any point. The bus was ~70-75 dB and the places I visited were pretty quiet. Only "incident" was when this noisy truck and motorbike came in front of me, making this loud acceleration noise - but didn't think much of it back then.

What is going on? I don't understand this - All my former spikes came from a loud sound exposure as a trigger. What is happening...? :cry:

EDIT 1: I think it built up slowly this evening. I kept thinking that the computer kept strange noise, but ignored it. Also had a weird "wavy" fleeting T in my right ear earlier. Then the sound became louder and harsher and I started to look for the source.

EDIT 2: This made me panic, so took strong dose of Diazepam (Valium) to not make things worse. Now just taking a hot shower & then trying to sleep, with the aid of meds. I need to NOT make this crazy new sound stick and anxiety will glue it to nervous system. It needs to go away.

2. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I've had this for a few months in addition to the "regular" T. (Just in one ear). The T reactivated in.my R ear last fall and the Morse code started early this year. I don't think any noise caused it. I just simply heard this weird sound in addition to the ringing high pitched T one day. Like you said it is not an occasional beep but like signalling or downloading. I'm waiting for an MRI and another ent appt. My ringing is also more noticeable too and I managed to habituate before so I don't know. It is like it takes it to another level. Sorry I can't be any more help.

Lynn

• Hug Hug x 1