Sudden Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by tomytl, Jan 18, 2017.

1. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi,
      it happend 2 days ago, I was sitting in a cafe, suddenly a kind of a bigger cutting board used by the stuff crashed on the grond and released a loud sound.
      I always wear cotton balls in the ear but the pain was big enough to release a new loud tinnitus sound!!!!
      So I'm draft backed for years....
      I instantly took all kind of stuff we try to take like Magnesium,N-Acetycisteine,Vitamins ,Betaserc and and and....but this new sharp Tinnitus keeps me from sleep...I'm in total panic.
      I already had 4 sudden hearing losses which took always 3 years each to get arranged with aquired hearing loss and tinnitus and hyperacusis....
      I'm completly desperated.....what can I do more in the acute phase???

Thank you!!!

Tom

2. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Sorry to hear. I'm in the same boat, and for the first time in a long time I'm not able to fall asleep because my T is so loud. Last night, I took a 3 mg dose of melatonin which knocked me out. Tonight I'm going to use a rain sound that I have on my phone that drowns out my T to see if that helps.

As for getting rid of the T itself, I'm doing the same as you. Taking magnesium and NAC and will see an ENT tomorrow morning. Will let you know how that goes to see if there's anything else that can be done. I have a feeling he'll just tell me to live with it, but who knows.

3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      The 2 treatments that have some scientific backing showing improved healing at the acute stage are
      1 prednisone / steroids
      2 light therapy (LED, lasers etc)

All the stuff you mentioned above have not real effect unless you have some deficiencies perhaps -
      NAC helps to limit damage when taken before the acoustic trauma but again the studies used very high amounts like 2500mg a day on those soldiers

4. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Vitamin ACE+Mg appears to have scientific backing too for reducing NIHL during the first few days post trauma.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1950331/

5. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      When I suffered my trauma in March last year I
      -Took NAC
      -B12
      -B complex
      -Magnesium
      -Cod liver oil
      -Steroids(Prednisone)
      -Ginko Biloba

And all done literally nothing,as such I've lost faith in any of these products as a result.

Hope it settles for you Tom,we just can't predict what's going to happen from one minute to the next.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I can say that Nortryptaline 50mg has been a amazing treatment.
      Sleeping loads better and relaxed.
      My tinnitus has had a massive improvement and stopped the loud drone sound and head tinnitus and took the edge off my high pitch tinnitus.
      Nortryptaline is easy tolerated that its cousin Amitryptaline and only a low dose 50mg was all it took
      ....lots of love glynis