Suddenly a Second Sound in My Ear :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christian_B, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Now i've suddenly got a new and second sound in my ear (left). It sounds like a deep but low sound.

Is that "normal" that you can suddenly get a new sound? i can only hear it if i put my fingers in the ears, but i would still prefer only to have one damn sound :/

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Okay this is very strange, i had the "new" sound for like an hour and now it's gone again :/ i don't like this at all, it kinda means that new sounds can come and go as they like...

3. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Probably Fleeting T/TST (Transient Sponteous Tinnitus). It's "normal".

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Well i know that sound, and this was a very different sound... when i get fleeting T, it's mostly in my right ear (weird actually, since my "normal" is 90% of the time only in left). This was another sound, and im not quite sure it's gone, it's just very very low.

Off-topic: @lapidus where are you from? just curious

5. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      yes, new sounds are coming, going away. the only predictable thing about tinnitus is its impredictability as others have said...

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Try to get corticosteroids and get on 5 mg daily than report does it reduce your volume down.

7. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Yes I also have changing tones, they come and go. That does not mean further damage or loudening of tinnitus. I dont really know why they change but I guess the body does not always act according to logic. It is not dangerous so do not worry and do not monitor it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes, but fleeting T can be any type of sound and does not have to go away directly. When I get fleeting T it fades quite quickly but it doesnt go away completely until hours later. I'm from Sweden.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Yes, I agree with everyone else; it is probably nothing. I get fleeting tinnitus every day, and sometimes with different tones.

Lots of unusual auditory events occur to people with tinnitus. Just last week, I had about 5 minutes of ear popping in my right ear while I was laying on my side. Apparently, I irritated something.

For people with tinnitus, their auditory system is extremely tuned to internal sounds and events in their ears and head. So we hear things that, if we did not have tinnitus, may not notice at all. Thankfully, these sounds are almost always benign. Now, if you get hearing loss along with the noise, you should go to an ENT. If the hearing loss coincides with your tinnitus and is short term, it might be nothing. But for any hearing loss, even fleeting, go to the doctor to rule out anything serious.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      What should that do? change my normal T or just the fleeting ones?

11. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Steroids are claimed to reduce tinnitus. However they only help in the early stages, a week to ten days from the outset. If you have had a recent spike then yes, they might help. I dont think you have had that though - a few changing sounds is not a spike. Steroids can have side-effects too so I wouldn't recommend taking them unless absolutely certain you need them. Just don't worry, be happy :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Hengist
      Blah

Hengist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/7/2014
      Steroids are recommended asap, no reason he should not try, if there is no positive effect after 3 days he should stop.

13. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      This happened to me just now . I have Tinnitus in my left and bit in my right ear. I have had it for almost a year (permanent spike). But just now I heard a really high pitch and loud noise in my left year to the point where I plugged my ears to make sure it was coming from my head. Anyways it reduced quite a bit but I can still here it. It sounds a hiss/buzz. I hope it goes away. As if my own Tinnitus wasn't bad enough. Well anyways I have gotten used to it. It is quite odd. No reaction anymore. let me tell you though if I concentrate on it the feeling f anxiety comes back but I have been tying to stay calm

Good luck

hope mine goes down soon tooooooo

14. Shafii sigera

Shafii sigera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Fleeting most of the time it means something is behind ear drum, just measurr the pressure between your both ears and see the variations btn left and right,. ..i would suggest you o guys to try ballon eustacian tube drainage,. It might help,. Amd nosal drops..