Thank God for My Hearing Aids

Discussion in 'Support' started by carlover, Apr 28, 2014.

1. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all
      What a night ,lost my hearing aids (now found) usually wear them in bed to knock some of the T out.

Boy oh boy id forgotten how loud my ears can get.Telling you ten out of ten noise ,I honestly do not know how i would cope without the aids.it took me back to 2010 when an ear infection ramped my t up to where it is now but at the time i didnt have the aids, that was further down the road.
      The louder it got last night the more my ears started to pressure up ,bad bad bad.

But I have to be grateful dont I,I have a tool that i can use that gives me a good life.

Everyone who has T should get a hearing test,because I can hear ok just I have mild to moderate high freq hearing loss but i wouldnt know it

Keep punchin'!! Pete

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi :)

Im so happy to hear that your aids work well.

You are saying that your ears started to pressure up, do you get any pain / headache when that happens?
      Also, do you have any sound added to your aids, like white noise or something?

Ive had terrible pressure in my ears and headaches from the time my T started and I still have to this day.

Best whishes :)

3. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi,

I also have pressure in the ear, slight to mild hearing loss... I am testing hearing aids right now.
      While hearing is relatively good (I have CIC Vitro Q90 Phonak) feeling of pressure and even
      the 8khz Tinnitus is almost gone...

@carlover do you wear also CIC or do you have behind the ear?
      When did you start to wear hearing aids?

Greets Tom

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Mr T.Firstly I allways feel a sort of pressure pain,it must be my ears straining as that is never so bad when the aids are in but allways there

Now on to the strange part of this.I have no masker noise in the aids just when they are in even though the room is quiet ,it knocks the t out by around 50%.Why ? havent a clue...and even better for me my new aids have a volume control,i turn it right up to max,this causes a lot of whistle feedback while im settling down on the pillow but once im still the T is 70% eased off.How ,why? dont know but it does .
      .Had them nearly 4 years now,
      Tom ,behind the ear is the way to go as told by a privare ear Dr who told me that " i probably wont believe him but wearing aids will ease the T while they were in and he was right.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Interesting, I might just do that! I have mild to moderate hearing loss in my right ear and normal hearing in my left (but still have tinnitus in left, cuckoo!) I am thinking of giving it more time before I try the hearing aids.
      Hope you're well, friend!
      Ricardo

• Like Like x 1
    6. barnacle
      Worried

barnacle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise et al.
      Hi
      Interesting post. I'm thinking of getting a hearing but wondered about a couple of things. Are the NHS ones as good as privately bought ones? Are there any safety issues in terms of increasing unexpected noises to dangerous level?
      Thanks for any info you have.

7. barnacle
      Worried

barnacle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise et al.
      Hi
      Interesting post. I'm thinking of getting a hearing but wondered about a couple of things. Are the NHS ones as good as privately bought ones? Are there any safety issues in terms of increasing unexpected noises to dangerous level?
      Thanks for any info you have.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Barnacle good question and I can only tell you this the Head audiologist at a private clinic said to me its the skill of the audiologist thats the difference in his opinion no difference between NHS Digital and Private costing thousands......all depends on who sets them up is what he said...True or not??? Dont know

• Like Like x 1
    9. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @carlover . As soon as I awake in the morning in goes my hearing aid crank up the volume and lay there listening to the birds chirping outside and not my T. Would not do without them now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Thanks, @carlover (nice to see you, BTW!) I have thought about getting hearing aids with maskers, which one audiologist suggested, although I tolerate my tinnitus pretty well. I have slight hearing loss at high frequencies in one ear, moderate in the other. Too bad they are so expensive here in the U.S., insurance does not cover it.

Thanks for the information.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Richard ,so you do not wear them at night...what do you do to help you sleep? Good Luck.Pete

12. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @carlover . Hi I listen to gold radio on my I pod with headphones which is on a low volume of course until I fall asleep. It works for me and also keeps the wife happy.

• Like Like x 1