Announcement Thank You All! Tinnitus Talk's First Anniversary

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Tinnitus Talk, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Well, we are already a little over year old (date of birth March 5th, 2011).

I feel most privileged to have been given the opportunity to meet all of you.

My life with tinnitus has definitely improved after I brought Tinnitus Talk online. Whether you call it habituation or natural improvement, I think our forum has been an integral part of my life within the past year.

Each and every member and message here is important. However, I'd still like to give a special shout out to Jim, joe, mock turtle, Warren Spencer, Karl and Karen.

All of the above have been actively taking part in the community, providing fresh and uniquely interesting information, not to mention just being there for anyone in need.

As we all know, tinnitus research is quite active and new breakthroughs are hopefully being made as we speak, so who knows how long our community will be needed. Hopefully not that long. In the meantime, thanks for sticking around and I hope we'll have a great year ahead of us.

Sincerely,
      Markku

• Like Like x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Marku --- Thank YOU for creating this community! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. It is a great help to all of us who are tinnitus sufferers, and it has definitely helped me keep my sanity these past few months. Thanks to you, and to everyone, for the great information about new developments in tinnitus research, and for the helpful suggestions and support!!

Happy first anniversary, Tinnitus Talk!

3. Pat

Pat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Happy first anniversary, Tinnitus Talk!
      Hi , When I first got T I didn't think I was going to make it. I was very close to giving up. But now I refuse to give in to this. Karen said it all for me to. I also want to thank everyone on this forum. Words can not express enough thanks....Pat

4. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Thank you Markku! You have given a wonderful gift to all of us in the Tinnitus Talk community. I very much appreciate all the time, energy and thought you have given to us all. My participation here has been a very rewarding experience. I feel very fortunate to be a part of it.
      Thank you for the opportunity.
      Jim

5. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      Nice one Markku, Invoice in the post !!!:)

6. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I am constantly seeking out information and treatment that may be of help to a sufferer - includes me! One never knows what it will take to relieve the symptoms. It is all worth a shot. Even if it is a placebo effect.

Appreciate the opportunity Markku to share.

Some may call me the black sheep of the forum, but my heart is in the right place for all of us.

ps... I am doing well!

7. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Yes, this seems to be the place with the tinnitus research news. I have finally gotten into in the habit of looking at "Research News" portion of the site. When I first came to the site, I was simply trying to climb myself out of the tinnitus hell-hole.

I'm somewhat confident there will be a cure. The news that I have been reading about Tinnex/Caroverine has been promising, although the testimonials seem to be luke-warm. I was ready to buy a plane ticket to India when I read about this stuff.

8. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Time flies so insanely fast.

It feels like yesterday I wrote the first post in this thread.

It's in a couple of weeks been 2 years of Talking Tinnitus in Tinnitus Talk.

My comrades, it's been as much of a pleasure as it could have been considering the circumstances that sometimes are grim to the level of making me sick to my stomach how much some people have to endure.

Here's to a better 3rd year of Tinnitus Talk and its inhabitants. Cheers!

Today was a nice sunny winter day here and I decided to write this. That's about it. Strength to us!

• Like Like x 3
    9. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Thank you Markku - it's been a pleasure that I wish would stop right now.

We all owe you a great deal for creating this forum and for supporting it with an undoubted 'fairness to all' attitude. It's made tinnitus more bearable and you deserve the credit.

10. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I wholeheartedly echo @click's sentiments.

11. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I agree, as well! I've been a member of Tinnitus Talk for a year now, as of January 2013, and I know that I couldn't have made it without being part of this forum. It has truly been a blessing for me. Thanks, Markku!!