That One Day My Tinnitus Had Nearly Vanished

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Justavisitor, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Justavisitor

Justavisitor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspect faulty computer equipment
      So there was one day, I woke up and something felt different, and it took me some seconds to realize that my tinnitus had completely vanished. On reflection moments after, I did notice that the tinnitus must still be there, however, there was no high pitched sound, only a low, low, non-high-pitched hiss. This effect lasted throughout the entire day, or at least, that was how I perceived it. I failed to check for sure in the evening.

The day after, the tinnitus was back to "normal", unfortunately. :(

This one time, occurred after about 20 years or so after I had tinnitus for sure, which seemed to kick in after being exposed to noisy computer equipment over a long time (high pitched noise). Should have freaking tossed that stuff right away.

My explanation for this one odd day, might have been my bicycle ride the day before, where I had spent about 20-30 minutes using my bicycle up a slight incline for some distance, alongside moderate car traffic (there was a separate lane for bicycles and pedestrians) that had this woosh woosh noise to it all.

I joined this forum only to tell about this one weird moment.

Hm, I wonder if maybe low tone static noise could act a some kind of noise cancelling for the brain, or maybe the brain, finds the will, to suppress certain types of sounds in some situations.

Another thing I've noticed during the years: I can provoke forth tinnitus like noise, by opening my mouth wide open, as if the tissue around the ear somehow provokes the tinnitus. It is probably not wise provoking forth this sound this way.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Polaris

Polaris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How much do you exercise? Its more probable that that helped you more, but you can't write off strange phenomenon. Mayne you will get more days like this soon!