The Beginning of Habituation

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by David Dubros, Jan 17, 2018.

1. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well...just about a year now with tinnitus and i am at the beginning of my habituation and am feeling elated.
      My tinnitus level still fluctuates but I no longer focus on it as much.

I've changed my attitude and outlook on my life. My music and equipment have always been a passion and I'll be damned if I will let go of it because of tinnitus.

My days can be draggy or busy depending on work availability but on slow days now I practice several retraining exercises and mask the tinnitus for hours.

I have had an intervention on my anxiety with clonazepam although I only use sparingly and once I got it under control have been able to refocus much easier.

As I write this I never thought habituation would happen but it has and it is really nice to be able to get on with my life as before being blindsided by tinnitus.

Each day now seems to be enjoyable moreso than even 3 months ago.

To all those who are doubtful or despair let me reassure you that it does pass and your life takes shape again.

This little thread is dedicated to my loving partner who has stood by me each and every moment in my suffering and who has helped me kick this to the curb.
      Peace...

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1