The Lymphatic System and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, May 20, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I found a new video about tinnitus and the lymphatic system. I am now on to everything tinnitus and the lymphatic system! Here goes!!! Please feel free to post what you find!

_________________________________________________________________________________
      Added by Tinnitus Talk's administrative team:
      Please register to Tinnitus Talk. It is free. We are a nice group of knowledgeable individuals and you will certainly benefit becoming one of us.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Huh,

"Since tinnitus and vertigo are usually one-sided, it's less than ten minutes until you get relief."

Tinnitus is way more often on both sides (bilateral) than on one side (unilateral).

And I don't believe one bit of this lymphatic voodoo... It's insulting to even implicate that tinnitus could be helped by draining the lymph nodes. It's not like the most common cause of tinnitus (loud noise exposure) can be explained by lymph nodes...

My 2 cents.. :sleep:

4. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Personally I'm open to all this stuff as it may be that something which sounds quite unlikely but could prove to be the most effective. I really believe if enough of us Tinnitus sufferers do alot of alternative research and use abit of creativity there is a great chance we will discover something potentially incredible. Not saying Tinnitus is likely to be helped by lymph drainage but I think if the cure was obvious it probably would already have been discovered. Therefore I personally believe it could be something which is not immediately obvious.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Yes, Markku - I can see your point.

Since there are dozens of reasons for the symptoms, some may get some relief from this kind of self therapy. As I stated above, I do this regularly and I still have the tinnitus. However, we just can't rule out any bit of information we can find that might help just ONE person.

I am scouring the web looking for remedies that may help certain kinds of tinnitus symptoms that are not obvious marketing ploys. I appreciate your forum as a means to expose them as they are not readily available for all.

I am not hopeful that a drug will be found anytime soon. I am also not a proponent of surgery usually. I have had three in my life though. I don't find that waiting around for some pill is the answer either. This miracle pill may have a side effect that will cause another forum or two to pop up to find a cure for another different bodily issue! Who the heck knows with drugs??!!

I know of a doctor that had surgery (in the brain area) and he still has his tinnitus. I see him about once a month at my business. Part of the nerves that help him balance were removed as well. He has to live with that for life.

• Like Like x 1
    6. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hello there

can someone put any picture or draw the process as i don t understand exactly where he is asking to press.

thanks a lot

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      This is the routine I do. Believe me.... when you are blocked in the lymph system, these points hurt! I massage them especially hard and then the next day or two they are no longer sore when massaged.

Donna Eden - Energy Healing - 6 - The...

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    12. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Just had a neck massage involving lymphatic drainage. Helps lower my t every time. I think it has to do with helping blood circulation, but also relaxing areas leading to the Dorsal Cochlea Nucleus - the first synaptic station of the Central Auditory Cortex that has been linked with overfiring of neurons and t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I had a lymphatic drainage massage, and my left ear (which had been blocked for months) actually popped open a few times afterwards. I have been doing at-home massage on myself, and have had some success with my ear popping. (I have had Eustachian tube dysfunction for the past 4 months).

14. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      About 8 years ago I was diagnosed with Lymphedema; lymph fluid that does not drain properly. This happened shortly after my 4th major operation. I have professional lymph draining massages & although they do help drain my lymph fluid and I feel generally better after the massage; the T does not go down.

15. suze

suze Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Calin: The GLYMPHATIC system drains and clears waste from your brain during sleep....INCLUDING GLUTAMATE! This is well researched and new information. Personally, I believe this is key in pulsitile T. Astrocytes (a form of glial cell) also control fluid build up which might be why we get temporary silence after pressing on the back of our heads or near our ears. Please check out the glymphatic system instead of lymphatic system. I think you will be amazed and are on the right track about fluid and waste build up.....but the first video is absurd and hokey, doesn't physiologically make any sense.

16. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Lymphatic drainage is supposed to help auto-immune Tinnitus. Auto-immune Tinnitus usually is accompanied
      with vertigo. It might help some people and other no go. But to say it wont help anyone is not fair.