The NO/ONOO- Cycle as the Etiological Mechanism of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Research News' started by click, Aug 7, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. click
      Busy

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      This made an interesting read - I was trying to find out whether nitrous oxide was ototoxic (dentists use it) & came across this.

The NO/ONOO- Cycle as the Etiological Mechanism of Tinnitus
      ....Twelve stressors, eleven of which are short-term and the twelfth (genetic) chronic, are reported to initiate tinnitus in humans or animal models (or both), and all twelve are able to increase nitric oxide levels or other cycle elements....

Full article:
      http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/detalhe_artigo.asp?id=81

Apologies if it's already in a thread somewhere - I did a search and found no references to it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Matias

Matias Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      That's so important. Dr. Martin L Pall theory of NO/ONOO cycle seems to be very complex but amazingly accurate. You should check his work about the effects of Electromagnetic Radiation on the body. He also developed a Protocol for NO/ONOO cure. It can be really helpful!

3. Matias

Matias Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Nitric Oxide it's not toxic by itself, but it can create oxidation in the mitochondria.

4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Do you have a link or summary to said protocol?

• Like Like x 1
    5. Vinnitus
      Bookworm

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Well, all I know regarding this subject, is that I went into a NOOO/OHNOOO cycle myself when I found out I had Tinnitus.

6. Matias

Matias Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Yes, but I strongly recommend you to read and investigate Martin L Pall work. His protocol is useful for people who struggle with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue disease, electromagnetic hypersensitivity ^`linked to tinnitus' and multiple chemical hypersensitivity.
      The protocol is based on supplements which are used to revert the NO/ONOO cycle and help the mitochondrial function. DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTS WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR PERMISSION OR ADVISE.
      http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=17947

However, I personally don't recommend to take all of those if you suffer of idiopathic tinnitus (not linked with other disease)

Attached Files: