The Noise That Kills

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danny Boy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. @Martin69. You have no H and you have no other chronic pain to deal with, just your depression and the anxiety that this brings. Go out and exhaust yourself by running, cycling, lifting weights or whatever suits you. Do this on a Daily basis and i know that you will feel better, nothing can be worse than it already is so don´t worry about minor injuries :bag:or fatigue. Just exhaust yourself and you will feel better. Writing every day in here how loud your T is will only bring you deeper down.
      You know that i had said all this Before.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Nick. Yes. I know. Already some time ago when I was running the last time.
      Also this should be excellent against anxiety.
      What do you do regarding sports?
      Does your T get louder then?

@Nick the Swede
      You are right. Will go for a one hour power walking now with a nice audio book.

3. Yes Martin, Always louder 2-4 hours after a cardio , but i don´t care about it after the work out. And it always settles after a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. @Martin69 yes..no H and no other chronic pain..I have both. plus T.

Please take Nicks advice ;) but you are right you can't compare suffering. .also my T always spikes from cardio but goes back down :)

5. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Yes, I took his advice.
      Went out with my wife for 3.5 km power walking and 2.5 km running.
      Listening to audio books and T kept under control.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Come on Martin, that is exersize for an old man, you must push it over the edge:nailbiting: to get the real effect.

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      I am an old man. I am already 45 feeling like 55. :)
      For me it was the edge. :bag:
      But I have no Christmas present for me yet. So I will buy me an indoor bike.

8. I know Martin:angelic:. The bike will do wonders for you i promise.

9. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      We have a bike here. My parents in law have one. We live in the same house. So I will give it a try.

10. RCP1
      Ape-like

RCP1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Dr. Nagler

Hi Dr. Nagler,

Am I correct in saying history is being made tomorrow? I am currently in London and attending Jacqueline Sheldrakes clinic tomorrow. I just saw a recent post by your good self saying no one on the boards had put themselves in the hands of a world class knowledgeable TRT clinician to your knowledge. Well that all ends tomorrow! I am biting the bullet and am hopeful of some meaningful relief.

Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

R

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. RCP1
      Ape-like

RCP1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Dr. Nagler

Well Stephen,

I attended with Jacqui yesterday.

Very very impressed. Best investment of time and money Ive måde in a Long while. I am very hopeful.

Right Im now officially off the Internet until i get this demon licked.

Regards

Robert

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Best wishes for great success, Robert, but regardless of how you do, please give us a progress report when you feel the time is right.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

13. inadmin

inadmin Member

@Martin69 work is sometimes a life saviour ; being on a vacation alone can bring you to a state where you're dwelling on the noise and focusing on it. Working is a distraction. A good one IMO. And don't make a big deal of taking a benzo.

14. Martin69
      Artistic

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @inadmin. Yes, you are probably right. But it doesn't really work in my case. I really try hard working and do my job (although if it would be only money, I could take a long time off).
      I sit in the office and whatever work I do, T is loud and high-pitched (15, 16 or 17 kHz, I don't know) and it is always audible. So I cannot say that something distracted me so much that I was not aware of my T. Unfortunately I am dwelling on the noise, if at work or off work.
      Is this my problem, my fault? I don't know.
      I am sure if it would be a little bit lower, things would be easier to handle.
      But I think everyone would say that.

Benzos? Yes, sometimes, I have no alternative than taking one. But I really only want in worst case.

15. DutchGuy

DutchGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, headphones
      No one on this board did TRT/J&H?

16. mrd28s
      Curious

mrd28s Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000, severe at 2006, externally audible at 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise damage, machinery
      Danny,
      I look at the time since you've had this, and have to think back some 15 years to relate.
      With this much experience of living with T, I can tell you with all confidence that whether or not your T gets better, you will be able to coexist with it in time! with or without drugs.
      And my T is so loud other people can hear it externally!
      Seriously!

HANG IN THERE! IT WILL GET EASIER!

17. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Danny Hang in there I have ,it's a challenge but we are all here dealing with this It can be dealt with and it will get better.I've seen on this forum time after time.Time is a healer this is true ,some how we learn to cope .Mabe we heal or get cured or the sound just goes away embrase tommorrow one day at a time you and me will see it get better .Let's be here when they find a cure .Lets all say I beat this and I am a better human being now than I was before T. With all the LOVE and HEART I have you hang in there for me and I will hang in there for you and this goes for everybody on this forum too. Uncle Vikin (mike)

18. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I did TRT with Dr. Jastreboff in 1994-5. What would you like to know?

Dr. Stephen Nagler

19. Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      I had a telephone consultation with Jacqui Sheldrake. She told me that the aim was to put the tinnitus back to where it was before I heard it. She said everyone has a tinnitus sound. She told me that she would hear it also if she listened for it, but that she doesn't. It did give me hope that one day I could also send it back into my subconscious mind and not hear it at all. It's difficult to agree with this on days when tinnitus is screaming loud, but on the days when I am barely aware of it I do feel better and more hopeful. However, when the tinnitus is loud, I cannot work out whether the tinnitus is causing anxiety resulting in louder tinnitus, or whether I am just feeling generally burnt out and anxious, which in turn causes my brain to go an alert and pick up the sounds.

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Katkin

Have you tried TRT. I believe that you can get TRT with Jacqui Sheldrake and her colleague (forgotten his name) on the NHS free of charge. However there will be a long waiting list. Alternatively you could go privately
      or take a few sessions privately and maybe boost your spot up with her so waiting time is eliminated.
      Would you consider doing TRT?

21. Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      Hi Amandine, I hope you are doing ok, your life sounds rather hectic at the moment. I'm not sure about TRT really and the problem is that Jacqui Sheldrake is in London and I am in the North of England and the good practitioners are few and far between.

I think TRT is similar to Julian Cowan Hill's theory of calming the nervous system, which I personally believe is a chemical process within the brain, and I do find Julian's advice helpful (he has videos to watch for free now on Youtube). I am also trying to avoid nervous stimulants such as MSG and aspartame in my diet.

I am also going to look into TMJ misalignment, as my jaw clicks. I do also believe that whatever the problem is in the auditory system, it is the reaction in the brain cells that causes us to hear the tinnitus, because so many people have physical problems with their auditory system, i.e damaged hair cells, injury etc, but not everyone with a problem hears tinnitus.

22. Katkin

Katkin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2013
      @Danny Boy How are you doing now? Remember we all understand how you feel, most of us have been there and we are here for you.