This Is Your Brain on LSD, Literally

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by attheedgeofscience, Apr 12, 2016.

?

Have you taken LSD in the past?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have a friend who produced a very interesting documentary on the application of drugs for medical and "spiritual" purposes...

It is called "Neurons to Nirvana" if someone is interested in the subject...

3. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      interesting but not a long term solution due to side effects..not to mention its illegal so how do you buy it ?

He hears things better because faint sounds are usually masked by T . Ear hearing does not actually get better but the brain is able to process real sounds better

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      when I was 17 I thought LSD was pretty much the key to the mysteries of the universe, but in hindsight I'd say it's a dangerous -- if novel, and quite fascinating -- shortcut to insights which can be more safely acquired through other means.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Ask your Chinese sources. ;)

7. DudeMannDude
      Spaced

DudeMannDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I mean, it alters your perception of reality so I could see how it could alter your perception of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They are prohibited by law to manufacture illegal recreational drugs - which is punishable by death penalty in China

What's there to ask ?

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      massive amounts of schedule-I hallucinogenic drugs are manufactured by custom design/build shops in china (first google hit: http://manufacturer.ec21.com/2cb.html) -- yes, this is punishable by the death penalty in china... except that when it's being produced for export only and the wheels of the state can be greased with some of the profits, it's apparently safe enough to be lucrative.

I sure as hell wouldn't trust a chinese lab with the notoriously difficult LSD synthesis, but I have seen DEA reports and stuff indicating that they are making LSD analogs like AL-LAD over there.

10. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I see a whole list of countries including the USA in this link...

The kind of labs which is making huge money producing "massive" amounts of those LSD drugs aren't going to waste their time working on a small order of an anti-epileptic drug for a few thousand bucks.

China or not this isn't the same type of labs we are talking about here.

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      it's not massive. Accounts I've seen from people who claim to have exported psychedelic research analogs from China, are in the couple-kilos-at-a-time range. There was also a VICE expose a couple years ago that came to more or less the same conclusion.

There are a lot of design/build synth labs in China. I am not implying that all of them are involved in the construction of hallucinogenic drugs; more that any given lab will probably synthesize anything it's capable of synthing, given the correct financial motivation.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      http://www.vice.com/read/visiting-the-factories-in-china-where-synthetic-marijuana-gets-made

13. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      I wondered whether a possible hint was given in this passage from the second of the links posted by ATEOS:

"On the other hand, within some important brain networks, such as the neuronal networks that normally fire together when the brain is at rest, which is sometimes called the ‘default mode’ network, we saw reduced blood flow — something we’ve also seen with psilocybin — and that neurons that normally fire together lost synchronization."

14. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I took LSD around 15-20 times when I was younger. Included were 2 bad trips. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.

15. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      We shouldn't even be having to take anything at all. Our brains have evolutionized enough along with our genes to allow us to survive and feel good naturally. Unless you felt out of the ordinary and depressed as a child, then you shouldn't be having to take any sort of drug, medication, herb, supplement, or have a dietary plan to feel better. That tells you that something is wrong right there. Having to rely on the in-take of something, even something like sex, to feel better is not right.

I'm not looking down on something like sex, but think about what you did as a very young kid/teen. You didn't do any of the things I'm sure are being done now. If you felt okay then without partaking in any sort of pleasurable or health fixing experiences at that time, then you should be able to do the same now.

Our senses should give us pleasure alone. Our sense of hearing is very emotionally informational, depending on the correct mechanisms involved.