This Will Not Defeat Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mclyra, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hello, I have To with ear pressure for nearly three months now, have done all kinds of testing and nothing shows up.

I notice it is highly emotions driven. If I'm fine, it is fine. When I'm stress, it Also gets stressed.

I don't know what it is, where it came from or why it happened to me. But I know one thing: I am stronger than this. This is nothing compared to things I've seen people suffer. Nothing.

I will survive this. And so will all of you. Let's get stronger together. We deserve no less than a beautiful life. If lots of people get used to it, so will we.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Mclyra,

I love your positive attitude! You're right -- you will survive this, and as time goes on, things will begin to improve for you. When my tinnitus first worsened over five years ago, I had constant ear pressure, dizziness and vertigo, a feeling of being "not all there", etc., plus tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus. Today, the ear pressure is gone, and so are the dizziness/vertigo and bad feelings. I still have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, and some days are better than others, but I have survived to this point (which is so much better!), and so will you!!

You can habituate, if you don't let it get you down, and don't let your emotions guide your life. Just try to live life as normally as possible, and things will begin to improve.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      X2, like Karen, I like you positive attitude. T is a bully and it will prey on our emotional turmoil. The more we stay calm and positive, the less stress and anxiety and that is a good 'medicine' against T. T is not something we fight against, but something we learn to accommodate without all the emotional storm. When we accept the reality of T, trying to live and enjoy life despite T, then T the bully will lose its power over us.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Paul A
      Tired

Paul A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug-15
      You'll get there @Mcylra
      I'm also 3 months in and have had ear pressure (high pitched an low pitched T and PT). The ear pressure is so much better now than it was. However it is set off by specific frequency noise. We went out for a meal on Saturday and the telephone in the restaurant that was close to us was very high frequency. Nearly drove me nuts and my ears were full for the rest of the evening. But ok the following day which is the most important thing. By subjecting your ears to the full array of sounds you will enable them to re-sensitise but it takes time. So only wear ear plugs when you are in high DB areas. I always use my mobile to measure the sound intensity and anywhere over 85DB I'm out of there. Time is a great healer.
      When you start to notice incremental improvements you'll find your mindset and anxiety levels drop hugely.
      Take care and all the best
      Paul

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thank you so much for your answers!

6. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      How do you rate your T?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      On a good day, a three. On a bad day, a five.

8. MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      @Mclyra how are your ears? What symptoms do you have?

Wishing you the best

Mary-Jane

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Some fullness and pressure, hearing loss and higher T in right ear. 15 days ago I developed a hiss in left ear and it is very sensitive to wind and vibration. Now it seems I have a modem going on inside my head (not loud). Sometimes it hurts.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      My doctor thinks possible bilateral meniere, but I have absolutely no vertigo. Just the T.