Tibetan Medicine Works for Tinnitus — Test This Supplement!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by engineerLA, Oct 26, 2014.

1. engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi folks, several of you have read my previous write up on supplements and protocols I have been testing.

I found another pair of supplements that seems to work really well for Tinnitus. It's from the Tibetan medicine tradition.

In Tibetan medicine there are different kinds of energy in the body. When they become imbalanced they can lead to what is called a "Wind disorder" (in Tibetan this is called "Lung" pronounced "Loong").

Often people who do a lot of meditation, or intellectual thinking work, are more susceptible to wind imbalances.

Basically wind imbalance causes energy to rush upwards into the head, and this leads to symptoms of anxiety, thinking too much, and problems with the eyes, ears, scalp, and nervous system. This can include tinnitus, tingling in the extremities, feeling jumpy, insomnia, or in extreme cases it can lead to mental illness.

The traditional methods for treating wind disorder include a diet of meat, gravy, and heavy grounding foods like dark green veggies, beef stew, lamb, etc. No hot spices, garlic, onions. No stimulants like caffeine, chocolate, sugar, etc.. Also generally one is advised not to generate too much sweat during exercise, and to get good regular sleep.

But most importantly, Tibetan herbal medicine is very effective, in particular here are two supplements that are both safe and effective.

I have tried them both and am finding very noticeable reduction in T after using them for a bit.

This supplement is best for use during the daytime, and for people who are often warm or hot in general. I have noticed that it seems to markedly reduce my T after taking it. I also feel more relaxed and at peace, and with less T, I also feel grounded and able to think straight again! It's quite relaxing and you will like it, I'm sure:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GKYMBW/

This supplement helps with sleep and insomnia, and is also good to take during the day for people who tend to feel more cold than hot, or have cold or clammy hands and feet (people with thyroid issues for example, and also very often women in general feel colder, so this is good for them):
      http://www.siddhienergetics.com/products/bimala

The supplements are meant to be taken with warm water -- just break it in your mouth with some hot water and swallow.

If you want to learn more about the theory behind this, read this:
      http://www.itmonline.org/arts/tibherbs.htm

And here's a book on the subject:
      http://shop.fpmt.org/Balanced-Mind-Balanced-Body_p_599.html

This makes perfect sense! Wind disorder in the Tibetan medicine system is similar to kidney imbalance in Chinese medicine, which is said to be the cause of Tinnitus.

A regimen of the above Tibetan supplements will help, and could be enhanced by doing acupuncture as well to treat kidney-liver-gallbladder imbalance, which are related to the same issues. But starting with these supplements would be a good first step.

I'm testing them for 3 months - taking every day. If anyone else wants to join me and report back, that would be great. I will say that after taking Agar-35 I do feel a definite reduction in T today.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. kenny
      English

kenny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I am due to have my gall bladder removed shortly, it's full of stones, wouldn't it be wonderful if this was causing my tinnitus , not holding my breath though, but you never know(y)

• Like Like x 2
    3. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @engineerLA
      Thanks for letting us know about this. I shall be watching your report with extreme interest.
      I haven't looked at your links yet but does it say where you can buy this stuff - I am in France.
      thanks ever so
      amanda
      PS: When you say it is having an effect please may I ask you:
      1) Do you know the cause of your T
      2) When did it start?
      3) How intrusive is it? not a problem, mild, hear it all the time, hear it above everything.....
      4) Are you able to go to work with it - does it limit your life or has it?
      Hope you dont mind me asking you - I am very interested in this type pf medicine..... do you know of anyone else who used it

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The cause of my T is not any kind of hearing loss. It started last February all of a sudden when I was having allergies. It's a mystery - but most likely the cause is inflammation and eustachian tube issues. Some weeks are worse than others. It is a loud high pitched tone that is very intrusive when it is happening and interferes with my ability to work and concentrate because it bothers me so much. I have been trying many things to solve it and I have found a number of techniques that seem to help a lot.

However, from a Chinese or Tibetan perspective, it's possibly caused by an energy imbalance in the subtle energies of the body. Both Chinese and Tibetan medicine address energy imbalances.

I have found that the Agar 35 supplement seems to reduce T dramatically every time I take it, for a few hours.

The question is does it have a cumulative effect?

I spoke to the seller of the Agar 35 product and he said it will have a cumulative effect if taken every day for 2 to 3 months. So I'm testing it.

It definitely feels very relaxing ever time I take a dose, and I can tell there is at least a 50% reduction in my T for many hours after. So perhaps there is something to this - worth testing!

5. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @engineerLA

Have you asked about safety and side effects of Agar 35 please?
      Do you know what is in it?
      Is it natural or chemical?
      From where do you get it and how much does it cost?
      What are the other techniques that you have been trying and were they any use or not or is this tibetan med the only thing that has helped realistically?
      Very very interested. Please let me know as it seems to be working for you...so it may work for me. thanks amanda

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Agar 35 is very safe. Tibetan medicine has a long history of being very mild and tolerable with no side-effects. All-natural.

One thing you will notice after taking it is that you feel super relaxed and calm. It also seems to settle the energy in the body -- it reduces any kind of nervous energy. Kind of like natural Valium.

But it also seems to also reduce the T quite a bit. Try it and see if you have the same experience - and let us know if you do!

The person who supplies the Agar 35 is a Buddhist teacher in Colorado that I have known for years, and he gets it from Nepal I believe, where it is made in the traditional way by Tibetan medical herbalists.

I've tried it before but at the time I didn't take it on a regular basis -- and that was before I developed the T. So now I'm trying it again and finding that it really helps.

I was diagnosed by a Tibetan doctor with Wind disorder a long time ago - so I'm not surprised that it's helping.

Anyway, It's very safe. It won't harm you -- it might make you want to curl up and take a nap though -- great for sleep (So is the other supplement, Bimala).

The only question is whether it will help you. If you have a Wind disorder then it will help, but like all herbal medicine you need to stick to it for a prolonged period of time. And they recommend acupuncture, massage, etc as well if you can.

In any case I notice a good effect and reduced T after taking the Agar 35. But I'm just one data point. It is specifically indicated for T in the Tibetan system, so I'm hopeful that by staying on it it will help.. More testing is needed by more people to see if others can confirm it.

Here is another, easier to understand, description of Wind Imbalance in Tibetan medicine that is easy to understand. You can see that Tinnitus is one of the common symptoms, and there are some other suggestions for how to treat this class of energy imbalance:

http://www.purevisionsorig.org/tibetan-medicine/rlung.html

In addition to the Tibetan medicine, I have been doing natural anti-inflammatories and also some advanced techniques using water that you can read about in my other posts. They are helping a lot. I still get flareups sometimes, but these reduce them every time.

I suspect that the deeper underlying cause of my T is actually a Wind imbalance - and that long-term use of Agar 35 will finally bring that under control. Meanwhile, doing everything I can to combat it on the short-term as well.

You may be skeptical of Tibetan medicine, but it really works - and faster than acupuncture, in my own experience at least. I notice the Agar 35 kick in about 20 minutes after I take it and it's very nice. Definitely reduces the T and the anxiety around the T as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Kenny: Yes gallstones often are said to cause T. Google the connection between them - you will find a lot about that. Many people with T have an imbalance caused by liver-kidney-gallbladder issues (one of them or all three). Sometimes it is very obvious, like gallstones. Other times it is more subtle - an energy imbalance that Western MD's can't see with their diagnostic tools but can easily be seen by Chinese, Tibetan or Ayurvedic doctors because they have a different set of diagnostic tools and understandings.

• Like Like x 1
    8. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @engineerLA

Please may I ask you - when you take the Agar 35 - does it reduce it and it stays reduced or is it temporary and then comes back again. Are you sure that there is nothing that can cause a spike in it?
      What else are you taking apart from Agar 35 and do you know what is in agar 35?
      thanking you again for all the info
      amanda
      real interested in this

9. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
    10. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @FongBao

Interested in this too especially as it reduces Engineer LA's T quite a lot.
      Is the stuff that you get at Amazon the real thing though?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      FongBao - yes it's the same thing.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @FongBao
      are you going to give it a go?
      Thanks Engineer La.

13. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
      I am definitely going to try it. Already ordered!

14. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      I am thinking of trying this stuff - could poeple post their experiences please???

15. Knightofknots

Knightofknots Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      I'm going to give it a go, I mean what is there to lose.

16. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Please post your experiences with this stuff...thank you to all

17. Knightofknots

Knightofknots Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      I have a feeling it won't work for me due to the fact mine was caused by a concert not at first but two days later I saw transformers 4 and it kicked it, my running joke is the movie was so awful it ruined my childhood and the T is the after effect. The hearing doctor says I have zero hearing lose and this could be something else but I dealt it as I think I just had insanely good hearing before oddly enough I still hear way better than most my co workers. She also told me that kind of super hearing is gone at 20 the latest and I am 26 so she thinks it's something else but I will give this a try it sure seems better than the soundcure. I will let you know.

18. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Knighoknots
      Please let us know how you get on with the agar 35.
      You would be eligiigle to go for the am 101 trials in the USA.
      Wouild you not consider them?

19. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    20. Knightofknots

Knightofknots Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      @amandine

I'm not sure what the am 101 triales are. I will look them up to see what I think. I'm also in Canada.

21. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Knightofknots
      Sorry I dont think that they are running in Canada but they are running in the States - these am 101 trials.
      You have T for less than one year which means you can take part - if you can be accepted in USA or europe or UK

22. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
      I have received the Agar 35. Tried last night. Some unusual dreaming. Nice, but I don't often remember my dreams. My T is definitely less today, but that could be anything, as it is not continuous. One interesting note: did not wake up with racing thoughts. In fact, not many thoughts at all. That is pretty interesting.

23. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      HI @FongBao

Please may I ask where you go tit from and also have you been able to ascertain tis purity etc...Is it completely herbal and defo not dangerous. Saw you must have checked this out and would really like to know please. Cos I am thinking of getting some.
      Thank you ever so much

24. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Note - Agar 35 stuff is pretty mild, for me.

You can use it before you sleep, or during the day. If you take it during the day, take just 1. If you want to sleep take 2 or 3.

Probably not a good idea to take 2 or 3 if you need to stay awake. The reason it helps with T is that it relaxes a certain kind of internal energy that increases the aggressiveness of the pulse and generally pushes hot energy and blood into the head, and imbalances the organs -- according the medical theory of that tradition. So basically when this energy (rLung) is out of balance it can eventually bring about problems in the head (like anxiety, tinnitus, eye problems, and other issues of the nervous system).

In the process of relaxing this particular energy of the body, the medicine relaxes the body and the mind, and that can make you feel like taking a nap.

So note - you should not be taking this at the time you need to pilot a helicopter through an active warzone, or remove atomic waste from an overheated reactor, or perhaps navigate Los Angeles freeways at rush hour.

Also note - as I understand it, all the ingredients are sourced in the Himalyan region from natural outdoor mountain locations and other natural sources and the medicine itself is manufactured by Tibetan doctors in the same way they have been making it for 100o's of years. So it's not a recent invention - very old recipe that has been in use for a long time.

As for its specific effect on T, that may vary depending on your type of T -- if the underlying cause is not from this kind of energy imbalance then it may or may not help but it certainly will make you feel good and that may at least make the T less bothersome. But according to the Tibetan medicine tradition (which is a combination of Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine) it does help resolve Tinnitus (they don't make a distinction between different types of Tinnitus).

My hypothesis (in another thread on this board) is that a (possibly large) percentage of people with Tinnitus have eustachian tube dysfunction and/or an energy imbalance in the liver-kidney-gallbladder system which are the underlying causes of their T. This is different than T caused by actual hearing damage or hearing loss that is measured by a hearing test.

Many people have T but no hearing loss or hearing damage - and for those people, I think Agar 35 (and also Bimala, another supplement explained above), could help. They are indicated for this in Tibetan medicine. Worth testing at least, as I find them helpful so far. Your mileage may vary.

I have bought a 3 month supply from http://www.siddhienergetics.com and am testing it. I trust them because I bought the first bottle from them and they were very helpful and knowledgeable -- they are legit. I don't know the other vendor that was suggested but they look fine; however I'm only able to vouch for siddhi energetics since I have only tested their product personally.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      engineerLA

engineerLA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes, Semde is known as the "Tibetan Happy Pill" among backpackers in Nepal and India. I tried it, it makes you feel good. I don't know whether it could also help with T, but in my experience (and from all my research and everything I have heard from others) all Tibetan medicine is very mild and well-tolerated with no side-effects, and not harmful to try.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    28. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
      Interesting. Please let us know your ongoing experience.

29. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      did you ordered it? tell us your experience when you take it

30. FongBao

FongBao Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1985
      I have the Agar 35 but not the Semde yet. I want to see how I feel from this alone first, although it says on Amazon that Agar 35 and Semde work well together. I also found more info on another site. It says you can combine Bimala with Semde or Agar 35 with Semde. That seems to back up what engineerLA says above.

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=8263