Tinnitus After 1 Month... Does It Ever Resolve After This?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnK, Dec 1, 2015.

1. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      I know they say "80% of tinnitus goes away in the 1st year"...however I imagine that's something like "79% goes away in the first 3 weeks, 1% goes away in the 1st year"...

But seriously, who are these people whose T clearly isn't a short-term affliction that resolves itself quickly, but still have it resolve after 4 months, 6 months, even more randomly at 17.5 months, etc? What kind of T did they have?

And can I just like get some of their magic healing blood or something? ;)

2. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I would say those whose goes away are those who had short term acoustic trauma. Like going to a concert or something.
      Me on the other hand I've been listening to loud death metal music at max volumes on my MP3 for the past 5 years. Can't believe it took me this long to get it. I've surprised it's not severe. But I do consider it permanent, so I've stopped hoping for it to go away. I've gotten used to my hissing. But sadly for the past week I've developed a reactive annoying tone. I would've habituated by now if I had not gotten this tone.

3. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      From everything I've been reading on this site and told by my doctor it is absolutly possible for it to resolve at any time, but more likely if under 6 months. Especially if your noticing improvements in your volume etc. Also, I feel like a lot of people's starts as a symptom of an underlying medical condition and once that condition resolves the T should also resolve. but again, I'm just trying to be positive as I'm in the same boat as you @JohnK, however I have noticed improvements in my T over the last week. I'm not a doctor or T expert of course.. Just repeating what I've heard and been told.. :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      I had severe T back 10 months ago and now it is resolving. So yeah, a year is a good bet!

• Like Like x 1
    5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Don't know, but you can benefit from the BTS method no matter what stage you're at. In my opinion.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/