Tinnitus After Ear Trauma

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ajith, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ajith

ajith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear trauma
      Hello my loved ones,
      First of all, Let me pray to God that all of those here who are suffering from tinnitus, let God bless them abundantly and give strength.

I am Ajith, Physiotherapist from India. I am working in Maldives. Let me tell you how I got tinnitus. On 1st October 2017, while I was on duty ,I felt itching in my left ear. My foolishness, what I done was used a rubber pencil to get rid of my itchiness. Unfortunately the rubber at the tip of pencil broke off n struck inside.

I got panic and what I done was I pour water inside my left ear to get the rubber struck inside out. But it didn't came off. Then I searched for ENT doctor in the hospital, my bad time, he was on leave. Just near to physio room , the dentist who was my friend, I asked him to check whether the rubber is still inside my ear or not.

He told he can take it out and inserted a sharp tool of his into my left ear.I felt severe pain deep inside and started to bleed. He said sorry and told may be rubber gone deep inside into ear . Have to wait until ENT doctor comes back.

That night it was bleeding and I felt some weird sounds inside my left ear resembling formation of tenderness. The next day onwards i started to hear a mild ringing sound in my ears.My hearing was perfectly ok.

After one week, When ENT came back ,he checked with otoscope and told me that there is no rubber inside and no damage happened to your eardrum. There is a mild swelling in your ear canal. He given me paracetamol and antibiotics and to avoid water going inside of ear.

Again after one week, I consulted him ,he examined once again and told not even a single scar is there on your ear drum. However when I complained him about annoying noise , he given me neurobion and cognix plus tablet containing piracetam, ginkgo biloba. I have been taking it for two weeks now.

What my present situation is, at times I feel the sound very negligible but sometimes i can hear it loud. Thank God, I have no problem with my sleep and its not disturbing it.

I am reading stories here and now I realise to be perfectly healthy is the most sweetest thing in our life. I am praying for all of you and please remind me in your prayers too.
      God Bless you all.
      With lot of prayers and love,
      Ajith

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the form @ajith. Thanks for visiting us here and leaving a positive post. Glad your tinnitus is relatively mild and let's hope it keeps that way. God bless you too with speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      @ajith
      How are you doing?