Tinnitus After Loud Nightclub Experience on Holiday — Contemplating Suicide

Discussion in 'Support' started by JONDELOS, May 2, 2017.

1. JONDELOS

JONDELOS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Saturday 29th April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night Club
      I heard loud ringing last Saturday after coming home from a loud nightclub and I'm now finding it hard to cope.

It's developed into a high pitch frequency which is making me drowsy, have headaches and leaving me unable to go about my business (p.s I work in a sales office on the phone but rarely exposed to very loud sounds ever and I rarely go clubbing / drinking )

• The doctor abroad said he's almost certain its NOT permanent after examining. The UK doctors back home have said it may take several months and the noise may go away soon.
      • The noise is a lot less in the morning and I have noticed it has begun to move away from the left ear to the right a bit with pressure on the back of my skull accompanying it.
      Today is the third day I have awoke with it - Can this go away on its own and will it lessen? I feel resigned to life right now and do nothing but cry and pray to God.

2. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Very sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, it can go away on its own. It all depends on how healthy your ears are, how loud the noise was you were exposed to, the duration you were there, and if you've had previous loud noise exposure.

Some people on here have had good experiences with methylprednisolone which is a type of steroid that is sometimes used to help people who have noise-induced hearing loss and T. For some (myself included) it has helped alleviate some (but not always all) tinnitus symptoms. That said. some people report that it doesn't do much, but it's worth trying. However, you need to take it ASAP. The longer you wait, the less effective it will be.

I would get into see an ENT (not a general practitioner) ASAP. Keep us updated and hope all goes well. You will get through this!

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Check out the "Success stories" section of this site. Specifically, check out
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/
      If you are only three days into this nightmare, chances are that you shouldn't be worrying - yet. Also it sounds like you are in your 20s, and that is another reason to be optimistic - your body has greater capacity to heal itself compared to that of older folks. Most likely it will go away, but keep in mind that it usually takes months before it goes away. Try to prepare yourself mentally for your recovery to take 2 or 3 or even more months.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I suspect that you probably go to nightclubs quite often where loud music is played? Perhaps your ears did ring in the passed but it always went away by the next day? Try not to worry too much as the noise will probably reduce over time. You need to be careful of being around loud sounds. Give the clubs a rest for a while to allow your ears to heal. I advise you not to listen to music through headphones even at low volume. Click on the link below and read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. Try to read it in full and not skim through it. If you have a printer it's better to print it and take your time to read it.

Hope things improve for you soon.
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

6. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      You can start taking a NAC supplement right away also. That may help.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The supplements that I have been taking are:
      Ginkgo biloba (Ginkgold brand)
      Magnesium
      NAC
      vinpocetine
      zinc
      Vitamin B complex
      R-Lipoic Acid
      N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine
      Nicotinamide Riboside
      Pterostilbene
      I learned about all of the above on this site's "success stories" forum.

I am also taking Sarcosine. I saw a study that found that rats who received sarcosine showed improvement in their tinnitus and hearing loss that were caused by an acoustic trauma. I was pretty desperate to have ordered sarcosine...

• Like Like x 1