Tinnitus and Antibiotics (Could an Infection Have Caused My Tinnitus?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by vasil, Oct 7, 2014.

1. vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      So from what i have read, tinnitus and antibiotics doesnt love eachother. Last week I got a cold and I was pretty scared, that if i dont treat it with antiboitics, it can amplify my T. I decided that a week of louder T with antibiotics, will be far better than a live with louder T, without them. To my biggest surprise 4 days with antibiotics, my T it probably 60-70% lower than before. Is ti possible that some kind of infection cause my T and now when it gets treated my T is also getting better?

2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      what antibiotics did you take? I heard that penicillin has lowered T in some people...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Amoxicillin

4. J-rod
      Frantic

J-rod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002
      So you say the antibiotics reduced your Tinnitus? If there was an infection, my first suspect would be Candida. In this case probiotics and anti-fungals targeted towards the colon can be effective. Just to be clear, Tinnitus is a Neurological Disorder. You don't have candida growing in your ears, at least not yet anyways. It's the toxins entering the colon and circulating in your bloodstream. Fungus produces toxins and it's these toxins when they enter the bloodstream that have the neurological effect on the body. This is just one theory though and perhaps it is why diet plays a role in Tinnitus volume. I've been dealing with Candida issues myself over the years. One of the biggest changes was to stop drinking soda. Lately I've been eating more garlic, less breads and switched out my sodium chloride ("table salt") for celtic salt and Himalayan salt. Funny how salt is something we avoid for Tinnitus, but it is needed by the body. Interestingly enough, when making bread, salt regulates the yeast activity, causing fermentation to progress at a more consistent rate, but what does this do inside our bodies?