Tinnitus and Aural Fullness — Which Resolves First?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Witty_username, May 31, 2021.

1. Witty_username

Witty_username Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bose Sleepbuds II
      Hi All,

Four months ago I developed noise-induced tinnitus (I went to sleep with headphones, Bose Sleepbuds II, designed to play white noise while sleeping, and I guess the volume was too loud).

The bilateral ringing is accompanied by sporadic aural fullness / pain. Luckily there is no hearing loss. The prevalence and intensity of both the ringing and fullness fluctuated during this time, but has been fairly constant lately. My ENT originally said that 90% of noise-induced tinnitus patients get better in 6 months (whether they habituate or recover is not known). The ringing is annoying, but liveable, while the aural fullness is very uncomfortable.

I guess my main question is if the aural fullness will last as long as the tinnitus or if it could possibly get better before the ringing does? I'm also wondering if the weather can induce the aural fullness as it seems to increase when it is raining.

I start a PA school program in late August (my 6 month mark) and would love for everything to have improved by then.

Thank you very much in advance.