Tinnitus and Dizzy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by terryzx, Jun 11, 2018.

1. terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      broken eardrum and vertical nystagmus
      Hello,

Thought I'd join and see if I can get any hints on dealing with my tinnitus that I have in both ears along with extreme dizziness like Vertigo.

It seems that I have done numerous tests starting about 1o years ago trying to locate the cause. Finally after all the vestibular tests they did and found nothing, they did an MRI & MRA and found a single blood vessel that appeared to have received some damage from a possible mini-stroke that I was not even aware had happened.

I started getting mild double vision and had to get prism lens glasses which helped a lot, but has since gotten worse. I have to go get new glasses in a couple weeks again.

My tinnitus kicked in as if by magic around this same time.

Recently had redone these tests for dizziness, the electronystagmogram (ENG) and videonystagmogram (VNG). Luckily I was told that the readings now are nearly the same as when the first ones had been done. However it seems that the high pitched tinnitus has become a bit louder most of the time now, and as expected, they can't really do anything to stop it.

Anyway I wish the best to you all and will visit as time permits.

terryzx

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @terryzx,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Has your doctor tried you on Betahistine or Proclorperazine to help with dizziness?
      love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, he has me on Meclizine and .5 Xanax. These work pretty well, but it's still always there and annoying.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tomorrow he's doing a Vertical Tilt Table test. I told them what my dizziness is from and they want to claim it's from not enough blood reaching my brain. Not happy that he doesn’t listen...

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I know how it feels to have vertigo and be extremely dizzy. It's very difficult and you for sure have my sympathy. I have faced vertigo a lot, mostly in my teens and i had it bad. The whole room was spinning and would not stop. I was forced to go to middle school by my father, while I had a 1 month vertigo attack. Making sure the inner ears are ok and having no fluid retention or infection is also key.

I recently started getting dizzy again and it was because of allergies/stress and possible meds that I was taking. It's horrible to be dizzy and having to be on the couch at times. So, again I know how you feel and it is horrible. Just hang in there :)

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @terryzx,
      I had vertigo for many years and braing fog along with tinnitus and other symptoms.
      I take Betahistine .
      I had lot's of tests but not the one your having tomorrow.
      Good luck and let us know how you went on.
      love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you both and I ley you know what happens in the morning. Sept all gay for it as I'm not doo in the mornings...ha!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Left right about 7 an got to the hospital front row patient parking and got a spot.

Somehow it seems that my levothyroxine kicked in and now I’m getting my bad tinnitus back again….then I’m noticing that along with that ringing, I also get more dizzy. SO…when I got out of the car an went to the curb, I just tripped on the curb and landed on my elbow. Wasn’t horrible but I scuffed my left elbow. Nice!!!

Went in and down the hallway to the far desk and checked in.

The nurse lead me to a room an gave me a gown to put on with my pants still on me. Then they got me in the bed and stuck me with a big needle for fluids.

That hurt as she missed the first one and then tried again. SHIT!!!

I told them of my double vision shit and got out the paper that showed my VNG/ENG testing from last week and gave it to the doctor when he arrived.

They strapped me into the bed and then stood the bed up on it’s end. Shortly after I asked if they were going to TRY to make me pass out and they tell me that’s the plan.

This called the tilt table. More like a bed with a large footboard that you can stand on when it elevates vertically.

My blood pressure elevated to 140/80 as that I.V. needle made it spike.

So I just stood there vertically strapped to that bed and they see that it don’t look like I’m going to pass out so she gives me a Nitro tab to put under my tongue.

Didn’t notice much for a few minutes then, while telling myself not to pass out, I started getting a bit dizzy….

Although I wasn’t aware of it, it seems that was when I actually did faint then though.

So next then I see they are lowering me to the bed horizontally again telling me that I just blacked out….but I sure didn’t feel it. Maybe they thought I did when I was feeling the room spin from that nitro an got a bit sweaty??? But they tell me that I had lost all color too. Still don’t believe it.

So they went around checking my blood pressure and telling me it was too low to say what it was. That’s not good….

So Dr Attari comes in and says there might be a problem, although I doubt it, and says he’s writing me a script for some Theophylline.

By now my BP is back to 122/68 like it was this morning here.

The one nurse helped me get into a chair by the bed and brought me an apple juice and granola bar. I later find it spiked my blood sugar to 185. But when asked if I wanted more, I got another juice and granola bar. It was good.

So after a short rest, the one nurse walks with me to the front entrance and I go to the car feeling slightly light headed.

Right after all that I wrote the doctor a letter as I checked up on that medication he wrote.It’s for asthma and COPD and not recommended for older people like me. Plus it’s not got good interactions with my Xanax that I use with Meclizine for my dizziness.

The nurse just called and said I didn’t have to take that new medication if I didn’t want it but it might help if my heart slows down when exerting myself.

They were referring to a fall I had cutting the grass but as I told them, that was because I got extremely dizzy on a hill an fell into some bricks. So now I hired someone to cut the grass every other week. Much nicer not to look forward to having to do that.

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      That was the only test I didn't have.
      I'm a sever asthmatic and was put on that medication and my heart rate went sky high and had to come off it .
      So are they putting your dizziness down to low BP and not your ears ?
      love glynis

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terryzx

terryzx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That is what they were TRYING to say but I know better as the dizziness is strictly from a over 10 year old eye problem. But they wanted to get me on that drug which I completely refuse to take EVER. I read all about it and it's like taking POISON. That crap should be illegal. May work for some people but I sure am glad that I'm not going to need it.

What gets me is that getting off beta blockers and my Valsartan helped me a LOT. But they just want to go by the low BP and pulse that those meds did. That stupid tilt table test would know anyone out if they were to do what they did to me then stick a nitro pill under their tongue. They are expecting you to pass out and if you don't they are going to make you do it. Might need a new doctor will will LISTEN to me and my symptoms.

Thanks for replying

Terry

• Hug Hug x 1