Tinnitus and White Noise and Stuff...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kassidy, May 16, 2018.

1. Kassidy

Kassidy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I’m Kassidy, I’m 18 and I’ve had tinnitus for around 4 years now. So you’re probably like, “Why the hell have you waited so long to join a forum?” Well I had it under control for a long time. I’d use white noise at night and sneak headphones in during class.

But starting around last summer the sound I was using on my white noise app started making my tinnitus louder. So I changed the sound, and around a month later the same thing happened again.

And then I went to a baseball game, where there was a band of bagpipes playing, and I thought my head was going to explode. That was pretty much when I found out about reactive tinnitus.

Since then I’ve been changing sounds every few weeks, because I still can’t sleep without it.

So basically I’m here for advice because I’m running out of sounds and patience. Thanks, and I hope you all are doing well.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
    3. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Hi. I would advise using earplugs or earmuffs when you're exposed to loud noises, like the incident at the ball game.