Tinnitus Classification for the General Public

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wolfears, Dec 5, 2018.

1. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Great news, @david c nice to know that your hard work and diligence has paid off.

However, would it not be best to let go of past circumstances and start fresh? (please) There has been enough bad blood here on TT of late.

❤️emma

2. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      So Emma- I am not the person who has been contacting other tinnitus talk members who have been supportive of my comments via private messages and smearing my name with untruths- it's these two individuals. Maybe you should be criticising them rather than criticising me. And why should I just "let it go" - these two individuals haven't remotely apologised for their actions towards me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This infighting never gets anywhere guys. One of the reasons I left was the fact that I was getting sucked into all these long, stress inducing argument threads. This stuff isn't good for us emotionally, regardless of your viewpoint on Tinnitus. This forum can be a wonderful tool, or a toxic waste dump, this thread falls under the latter category.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I feel you man....

5. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      David, please understand that is was not and is not my intention to criticize you, I like you. What I am suggesting is that all of us, not just you, try to put an end to the ongoing negativity towards one another. It hinders the message at hand. You should be proud of your accomplishments and you indeed should come here and share them with everyone. I was merely suggesting that it can only be a good thing to leave out the hurtful comments, it only serves to perpetuate an ongoing feud.

I am so sorry if I have offended you, it was not my intention.

~emma

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Thank you

So by this I assume you mean the nasty comments which have been made about me by a very small number of other Tinnitus Talk members. @Ed209 for example who has thrown a number of abusive remarks in my direction - as well as the smears made in private messages to other forum members who had upvoted one of my comments.

Yes, I completely agree that these comments should as you put it be "left out".

7. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      With the best will in the world, we will not be able to ‘get on’ with everybody.
      John Cleese used the analogy in his book
      “Families, and How to Survive Them” of a bunch of balloons in a box.
      As one balloon swells up, the others all feel the pinch, and some, the closer ones, will feel it before the others.
      We all, it seems, have our Achilles heel.

‘That man is a bully - he needs sorting out
      - and I’m just the bloke to do it!

“That woman’s just a spiteful old cow
      - I’ll jolly soon show her a thing or two!”

We are all, both innocently hurt,
      and guilty of hurting others.

I do not know any answers, except perhaps that we should all try to stay aware of the situation.

And I readily accept that I am just as guilty as the next bloke - well almost - not quite....?

(see what I mean?)

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      David, I feel for you, honestly. It is never okay to be on the receiving end of nasty comments. This is why I suggested to let it go, be the one to put an end to it. Sometimes the best response is no response.

As far as not getting an apology, we must remember that life can become much easier when we learn to accept the apology we never got.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      3CDD4295-6E1F-4511-91B3-850B41A8706B.jpeg

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So far here is my take on this thread.
      @Wolfears has an extremely valid point. Tinnitus is freakin hell. All he was trying to do is plant the seeds for a paradigm shift in the way it is discussed by the community and to the public. I for one agree that needs to happen. Then the habituation police swooped in to tell him how wrong he is in a super snarky, dreadfully stupid and patronizing manner. My message to those people is cash me ousside. The word for people like you is "complacent", which is a bad thing. Complacent people like you are why so much bad shit in this world goes unchallenged because you come in and dump cold water on any notion of changing the paradigm. Some of us are tortured mercilessly by this and when people like you come in and insinuate that our suffering is because of some sort of lack of amazing mental powers that you possess, it pisses people off immensely. Also to those complaining about how heated this thread is, just dont read it. This discussion is needed bad.

What @Wolfears was trying to do is neccessary. We as a community need to be advocating for the worst cases.
      Then I see comments of naysayers saying we need to communicate what the tinnitus research indicates. That's ridiculous! Stop bowing down to your so-called "science" when it's obvious what the truth is. People like you think that personal human explanations of their experiences cannot even be acknowledged as to even exist without peer reviewed scientific data. What are you waiting for? Researchers to confirm to you that tinnitus is hell and drives people to fucking kill themselves?! We don't need peer reviewed journals to verify this before we make this part of the public message. There are plenty of statements on this site alone to show that is the end of the world for many. I'm not targeting @Ed209, he has pointed out the downplaying of our condition in a negative light. I'm not targetting the people that run this site either. I do however plainly see @Wolfears's position and why he would get upset by some of the replies to this thread from the perfectly habituated smart people.

My question to them is: If you're so habituated then why don't you get off the support site and live your life? We get it, you're the habituation king/queen, some of us are far more interested in promoting and talking about emerging potential cures and expressing how effed up this disease is than just being complacent ducks howbow dah?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    11. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I totally agree John,
      and the self-preening habituaters never did have severe Tinnitus anyway.
      Just mild or moderate at the very most.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I think it’s worth pointing out too that @Wolfears is in fact somebody who is no longer suffering badly from this. Yet instead of chest beating and arrogantly sneering at people struggling and claiming some mental victory over ‘super loud tinnitus’ that he can now easily ignore. He’s man enough to be honest and say he didn’t ‘habituate’. The volume simply went down and let him off the hook and if it had not he would still be in absolute hell.

More pathetic ego driven members of this forum who despite never having had bad T still post bullshit habituation success stories of how they live quite happily with ‘screaming T’ and then have the gall to sneer at and provoke serious sufferers for being emotionally weak and lacking fortitude could learn a thing or two from this guy.

You know who you are. And be in no doubt that you are the lowest scum in existence. And one day your arrogance and lies will almost certainly come back to haunt you in a major way. In the meantime get the fuck out of here and live your lives in peace and happiness....... I know I would if I was ‘habituated’.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One thing that's starting to cash me ousside is when someone posts a success story with a title that suggests that their tinnitus went away and you start to read it and you realize it's just another habituation story. They'll even use words like fade when nothing has faded, on the contrary, only their complacency has grow. It's called cognitive dissonance.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 2
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I thought you were a eunuch.

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That is a very accurate observation.

I wish I had a nickle every time I read some kind of a "Back to Silence" story, only to discover half way through it, that his/hers tinnitus is actually still there and the whole thing is just some kind of a warped make believe situation.

Sometimes these people don't even know themselves, where their alternate reality ends or begins anymore.
      I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find these stories extremely irritating.

Also, being that tinnitus is actually a physical problem (there is something physically wrong within the brain/auditory system), I feel that trying to fix it with some kind of a pep talk or self induced denial is equivalent to trying to talk someone out of a broken arm.
      It just rubs me the wrong way.

Hopefully bimodal stimulation proves itself to be the real treatment we have all been waiting for.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's definitely not because it is me too. However, I doubt that it is just you and I.

• Like Like x 1