Tinnitus Complaint

tinnitussufferer

Author
Nov 19, 2014
UK
Tinnitus Since
1/2004
I see many people who come on here and complain about their tinnitus, about how it tortures them and how it will go on for their whole life.

The thing people dont seem to realise is that tinnitus is not the worst or only thing that can happen. Many more bad diseases or worse things can and do happen as you grow older through aging and through bad luck.

I know this because 10 years ago I got tinnitus and that was the first major disease I got at a young age. I couldnt cope with the thought that a part of my body had gone wrong and was incurable.

But a few years later, I developed another more serious condition. This too is chronic and incurable. And now as I type this, I still have additional healht problems, some are curable, others are not.

Some of us are lucky and will never get any disease and live happy and die happy. I used to eat healthily and never smoked or drank but I still ended up being punished anyway while my friends who did not live as healthily as I did, got away without any diseases.

That is life. It is cruel. Dont think that just because you have tinnitus, thats the worst that could happen.

Hi Tinnitussufferer, We come here for support and understanding as its very hard for someone to understand what we are going through unless you have been there and it looks like you have for several years. I am certain that there are more serious conditions people have out there but Tinnitus make's you feel, tired from lack of sleep, tense, irritable, angry, unable to relax, unable to concentrate,helpless,panicky, frustrated and that's only a few but it also effects everyone in your family. I personally would trade for something else.Sorry to heat that you have developed other health conditions that are far worse than tinnitus and wish you well. Life is not fair, I do agree with you on the point.

I had to go to the hospital a few times in the last few months for breathing problems. It was serious. I don't recall thinking about my tinnitus at all then.
There are worse things. My mother has tinnitus too and she always tells me there are worse things. That seems to help her.

It depends on how bad your T is. All T is not the same, just like a burn is not a just a burn. But you can generalize all you want though.

There a generalization of T that is so not clear.
Stages of intensity make a huge difference. At the moment my T is of a medium volume. When it gets to searingly loud which it always does its unbearable.
My body shakes and my back aches and my mind goes haywire.
Are there worse things? I've has a lot of physical problems and pain but this T is by far the most horrific in every way. The toll it takes on my body and mind are undiscribable.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now