Tinnitus for 5-6 Years, Love for Metal Music Definitely Contributed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jamesmmj0178, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Jamesmmj0178
      Frantic

Jamesmmj0178 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hey there, I don't think I've ever actually posted something in Introduce Yourself.

I have had noise induced tinnitus for years now and it's a high pitched ring in both ears. I like metal music a lot so that definitely contributed.

Honestly, it's gotten significantly better over the years but I've recently developed a strange low hum in my left ear and it's damn near giving me anxiety attacks. I'm praying it will go away eventually but here's hoping.

I'm happy to be apart of this group of support where hopefully we can all help each other. Anyway, nice to meet y'all.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Jamesmmj0178, welcome. Most important is to control the anxiety attacks and have good sleep. If need be, try CBT or medications. From experience this too should pass. Pray for better treatments or a cure. G-d bless and PROTECT your hearing.

3. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @Jamesmmj0178, hello fellow metal head - Welcome to the club!

If it makes you feel any better (I know it does me) but most of your favourite musicians probably have tinnitus too.

Jokes aside, I hope you find the comfort and support you need here. We are a friendly bunch, with a whole other host of conditions beside tinnitus, so we can sympathise/support on many levels.

So, the next question is, what bands you in to? Who are the main culprits for giving you tinnitus. :)

Steph x

4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is the low hum constant or can it be stopped by covering your ears, putting your finger in your affected ear?