Tinnitus from Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alex Prime, May 29, 2018.

1. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, friends. I wanted to enter the forum, because I need to share my burden of tinnitus and I don't feel comfortable worrying my family or bothering my friends. I suffer from tinnitus since four weeks, it has worsened since two weeks. A week ago I went to a doctor who have be betaserc, which I don't think that has improved my situation in any meaningful way. I will visit my GP in Friday, but I dunno whether they can help. I am also diagnosed with anxiety, which caused insomnia to me in the past. So far tinnitus have not impacted dramatically the quality of sleep I get, but it still makes me feel dejected sometimes.
      That's my story.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Hi Alex and welcome here.
      Did it just happen suddenly? Do you have an idea of the cause? (anxiety?)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello and thank you.
      Initially I thought that the cause is high blood pressure and this was supported by the fact that after taking a pill for it, I felt better. I did that twice, to lower blood pressure from 140/80 and it was successful. But in the last days T is ringing loud and clear and blood presssure is low 120/70, so now I am unable to understand what causes it. I do have runny nose sometimes and also back pain and neck pain (sometimes), however the doctor why checked my ear does not think that the ear is infected or full with earwax... I am getting second opinion on Friday, hopefully.

4. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      @Alex Prime
      Hello, Alex.

Lor has given you the most important instrumental study in tinnitus - audiometry?

It is very important. Since, in a certain situation, corticosteroids can help you.
      Anxiety also needs to be stopped, but audiometry test is the first thing!

Betagistin -> this is only a symptomatic remedy.

Hello Bulgaria, my great-grandfather from Bulgaria!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Okay ;)
      Keep us updated. Hopefully it will go away as quickly as it appeared ;)
      And if you have any question regarding your - maybe temporary - tinnitus and how to deal with it, feel free ;)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. To be honest, I feel best when I am talking with someone, my family, friends, about some stuff. Just talked to my parents about tinnitus, but I don't think that they grasp how annoying and scary it can be. I am mostly scared. Because I have anxiety, my mind inevitable projects the worst possible scenario, like worsening chronic tinnitus. I hope that this is not the case...

7. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I believe your anxiety can actually make it chronic. So, i know it's difficult but try to relax and not focus on it.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The most depressing thing is that yesterday I tried my best to abstain from thinking about it and the morning I woke with a roaring T. Sorry for whining :( I'll try to do what you said...

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Recent days has been barely noticeable during the day and more unpleasant, but not too bad, in the evening and morning. I sometimes wake up during the night, but quickly fall back into sleep and don't feel particularly tired.
      Today I went to my GP, she says that I have neck and eye strain due to working in front of PC, so she gave me vitamin B and some exercises for eyes and neck to do. I feel hopeful.

10. BreachOfEuphoria
      Thinking

BreachOfEuphoria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Alex Prime! Welcome to tinnitustalk!

I'm very sorry to read that you have gotten tinnitus. Try not to worry too much if you can. Easier said than done, i know.
      Don't despair, we will support you.
      How did your tinnitus begin? Any specific event that triggered it?

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, I had a relatively high spike of blood pressure 141/82. But now my blood pressure is fine - 120/80. T is ongoing, but not too high, maybe a bit worse today than the last few days, but not too bad. Something weird which I noticed is that sometimes a high pitch scream appears and when I push my year it disappears and I am left with the "normal" T which is still relatively high pitched.
      I am taking vitamin B and herbal medicine for my T as well as the normal medication for my anxiety which helps me sleep like a bear. I do my best not to worry about the noise, preoccupying my mind with watching racing, reading, meeting friends etc.
      Thanks for your message, I feel very comfortable here :)

12. maxweber

maxweber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Faulty HVAC units releasing chemicals
      Hi Alex, be interested in any other ailments. You may not think are related to tinnitus. Also, can see my other thread. Waking up with tinnitus? In my bought I thought it was the tinnitus waking me up, it was so bad. Lots more could be discussed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This I can say happened to me only once. Yesterday my T worsened a bit after a movie, but not too much. Background noise from the street makes me not noticing it. Also, I hear my T from the years only in silent room or earplugs (as weird as it sounds, for me constant T sound is better than various sounds from the street), in the rest of the time it is as I hear it in my head now. I think that I am improving, but we'll see. I think that maybe I was lucky with mild T.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe not so lucky - last night it was quite loud, at least in left year. Thankfully I slept well and it was still unpleasant in the morning. I have skipped one day of vitamin B and did not expect such immediate penalty. I brought it under control with chill out and now have a masking sound with fan. Started taking vitamin B again.

15. maxweber

maxweber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Faulty HVAC units releasing chemicals
      hearing it in your "years" (ears) off-and-on is normal for me. I believe the brain can filter sounds so can filter when observing other sound input. There was a period for some time after vacating where I was not able to to filter between background sound and speaking. In the home, I was not able to discern unless someone was directly in front of me talking, and had to use speaker phone for work calls.
      And, ringing in the brain in the PM and AM when about to sleep, is normal for me.
      I sort of laugh when someone says "tinnitus" as the ringing is not just in the ears. Not exactly like when you used to hear a tone tuning in when you were a kid. Its in the brain as well, as you say.
      Best wishes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      it has worsened again with a new tone - not very loud, but intrusive.