Tinnitus from COVID-19 (A Mild Case, More Like a Head Cold)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by eviltimeban, Mar 20, 2022.

1. eviltimeban

eviltimeban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid / sinus pressure / loud music
      I've read a few posts here about people suffering from tinnitus when they caught COVID-19, so wanted to share my experience and ask a few questions.

Got COVID-19 about 5 days ago, luckily a mild case, more like a head cold. When I get colds, my sinuses are sore / swollen for a few days, before it turns into congestion / blocked nose / etc, and this was no different. Just yesterday morning I woke up with ringing in my right ear. Ironically I felt a lot better (though I'm still testing positive) but sort of "behind" my nose is feeling blocked, and a little below the eyes, though I can breathe clearly and my nose isn't runny.

The sound is high pitch, sometimes louder in the right ear, sometimes it settles in the middle, and then last night when I lay on my left side, the sound seemed to "shift" to that side, like gravity was affecting it. Perhaps that was the congestion moving and affecting the sound?

I've read a few articles about congestion causing tinnitus, so that gives me hope. Just wondering what other experiences people have had.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      eviltimeban

eviltimeban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid / sinus pressure / loud music
      Interestingly, this afternoon it seems to have settled into the middle of my head. I've a lot of congestion / mucus behind my nose draining down. It feels like it could be a pressure in my head now rather than specific to either ear.

3. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hate to see a post with no replies... I hope it was just congestion and that you are ok now.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Rockman

Rockman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, allergy
      Hopefully it cleared up for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed