Tinnitus from Microsuction/Stress -> Any Opinion/Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DevHitByTinnitus, Jan 7, 2020.

1. DevHitByTinnitus

DevHitByTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction/Stress
      Hello,

I am a 26 year old programmer from Eastern Europe. Last year around May, I had my left ear completely blocked by wax due to sleeping with ear buds.

I went to a stupid young ENT who did microsuction on my left ear without using any softener for the wax, and it was really painful, she said the wax was too close to the eardrum and she can't remove it (it all took around 30-40 seconds). I had used myself some softener for 2-3 days beforehand. Afterwards I tried a spray she suggested A-Cerumen which lead to some kind of Eustachian Tube Dysfunction symptoms like sounds of crackling when I yawned, etc. but no tinnitus.

3-4 days passed and I made an appointment to another ENT, a more senior one. The night before I was stressed about it and heard for the first time what was going to become my 7 months torment, a hissing sound in both ears. I went to the ENT the next day and she put oxigenated water and cleared my wax. From that point on, I still herd the ETD crackling for a week, but no tinnitus. After a week, tinnitus came back as hissing, and as my anxiety grew turned into sharp electrical ringing, varying, etc.

From that point on for 7 months I've had permanent tinnitus, that kind of sometimes gets down to a soft hiss in the morning after a good sleep. I kind of think it is a bit anxiety related as in if I take something to calm my anxiety it goes down a bit. It is also exacerbated by travelling by train, plane, staying to much in silence, in places where I can listen to it very clearly.

What do you guys think? Is my tinnitus from acoustic trauma? Is it from ETD? Anxiety? A combination of the 3? Do I stand any chance of it subsiding? It is now kind of half of what it was in the beginning, I can't hear it in most places that have noise. In the beginning I could hear it over a TV or anything, now even a soft sound of water running in radiator can reach the same level as it. Do you think any treatment could help me?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. (I went to several ENTs afterwards and I just have a small dip of -25 dB at 14 kHz in my left ear in the 0-20 kHz extended audiogram, the rest is perfect).

Thank you very much.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DevHitByTinnitus

DevHitByTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction/Stress
      any ideas/suggestions anyone?

3. Deniseh

Deniseh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly b12/folic acid deficiency and GERD
      Hi DevHitByTinnitus

I developed t late July last year from nowhere although tests showed I was b12 deficient and had acid reflux and my consultant thinks that’s the cause ( not sure I agree). Like yourself my ETs crackle and pop all the time and I can also feel fluid running down the left side of throat ( that’s where the t is).

The only advice I can offer is time is a great healer, as I’ve been told it takes ages for your ears to heal, be vigilant (but not too much) protect your ears and go on living your life. The anxiety ( which almost definitely exacerbates tinnitus)will go and you’ll learn to accept this as part of life, hopefully it will go away but if not then I’m CERTAIN you will still go on to have a great life

BTW check YouTube, there are some great videos showing how to open your ETs, I’ve been doing them and it’s worked a treat to unblock ears and reduce the popping at times

All the best to you but you’ll definitely not need it

Denise :)

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Microsuction is a barbaric practice that should be banned. The ENT fucked you over. You should consult a malpractice attorney.

If you want to follow what I have been doing, do this:

Daily:
      1. Take 1 NAC and 1 gram of piracetam and then take a little 7,8 DHF sublingually first thing in the morning.

2. Repeat step 1 about 3 hours later.

3. take another gram of piracetam about 2-3 hours later

4. take another gram of piracetam about 2-3 hours later.

5. With dinner, take about 3-4 grams of turmeric/curcumin supplements.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also fast all day and only eat dinner and try to lift weights and run everyday.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DevHitByTinnitus

DevHitByTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction/Stress
      @JohnAdams

Hello,

Thank you very much for the kind reply and the suggestions. I have been following you a lot whilst I was lurking around the forum, you seem like a very knowledgeable and inquisitive kind of person and I like that you try to understand things before trying them , like an engineer.

Your recipe sounds very good, what is the status of your tinnitus? I saw you used the tinnitus mix, curcumin, multiple things. Did you get any moments of total silence or a lot of relief?

Do you think my tinnitus can still heal 7 months later? It did get a lot lower, now I only have like this static hissing/buzzing, in both ears not just the one affected by microsuction.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DevHitByTinnitus

DevHitByTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction/Stress
      @Deniseh

Thank you very much for the wholehearted reply. You know how much a message like this can mean to someone going through tinnitus.

Have you found any relief from the initial status of your tinnitus? I also have acid reflex but I don't think it is connected to my tinnitus as it started right after microsuction.

Cheers

8. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm basically in silence right now. Either time or my actions are causing my tinnitus to very slowly reduce on an overall downward trend.
      Yes. I'm a year and 8 months in since my acoustic trauma.

• Like Like x 2
    9. Deniseh

Deniseh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly b12/folic acid deficiency and GERD
      @DevHitByTinnitus

Have I found any relief since tinnitus started? - absolutely at first I had slight Hyperacusis and aural fullness as well as tinnitus, the Hyperacusis is all gone and the aural fullness is more or less gone, only get this occasion, I think popping my ears helps.
      My tinnitus noise is more like a low pitched hum/drone, the usual t sound ( the eeeeeeee) is only intermittently there and there are times when I am having periods of silence.

I live in hope that it will eventually go but if not then I’ll learn to live with it, yes I have bad days but the good days are getting more and more.
      Be patient and I’m confident things will get better for you

Stay strong my friend

Regards

Denise x

ps I haven’t taken any supplements except b12 because I was deficient, tried to let nature take its course xx

10. Cape crusader
      Cool

Cape crusader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction ear wax removal
      @DevHitByTinnitus
      It’s most definitely from that god awful micro suction. Same happened to me. As soon as that dumb ENT assistant worked on both my ears with that horrible machine, I noticed a huge amount of hearing loss. Had a hearing test two days later and it showed 60% high frequency hearing loss in both ears and tinnitus came on full blast. That was 17 months ago. No change after more tests and tinnitus is screaming 24/7.

I had no baseline hearing test prior to this and have no proof they caused it, but they did.

They ruined my ears and totally altered my life. MICRO SUCTION SHOUKD BE OUTLAWED.

I’m sorry it happened to you as well.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Same thing happened to me. I wish I had known of the consequences beforehand - I just trusted my ENT...

• Hug Hug x 1