Tinnitus Gone for a Few Minutes?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jemina, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity and probably cumulative noise exposure
      I don't understand this at all!

I've had constant high pitch unbearable tinnitus for 72 days... For the first time, it was gone for a few minutes! I was lying on the couch, trying to take a nap, and suddenly I was able to hear the clock ticking, something I haven't heard since the onset of my tinnitus (tinnitus so loud I haven't been able to hear the clock). I had to plug my ears because I couldn't believe this... And... I didn't hear my tinnitus at all!! No ringing, buzzing, roaring, beeping, tea kettle sound.. nothing! I still heard my heartbeat and breathing in my ears because I have patulous eustachian tubes.. but no tinnitus! I was so happy I almost burst into tears and was about to call my gf, but then it came back.. as loud as before.. and now I'm so sad...

Why was I given this moment of happiness, just to get disappointed again.. this is pure torture..

Has this happened to anyone? How is this even possible and what does this mean??!! I'm so confused and sad...

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey there, when my tinnitus first started, it was probably a couple of weeks into it, I was laying on the couch, trying to go to sleep, all I could hear was my constant extremely high pitch hissing, all of a sudden it stopped and I heard silence...

I was in shock, I thought is it really over with, I kept lying there taking the silence in, I was so scared at the same time because it had been weeks before I got to hear silence again and I didn’t want my tinnitus to come back.

About a minute or so later it came back just as bad as it was, so I just kept lying there sad as ever.

I don’t know why that happened but it seemed good even if it was for a moment!

Maybe one day you’ll wake up and it will be gone! You never know.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      This happened to me in th beginning too, it fluctuates for the first 6 months...fading then going away then coming back. After a year it is baseline.

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity and probably cumulative noise exposure
      Today my T is so loud... I was really starting to hope I would get to hear silence again, that my T would go away for good...

Those few minutes of silence seem to have made things even worse because now my anxiety and sadness is unbearable :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Natester1986
      No Mood

Natester1986 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 22, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure/Lexapro
      The last time I had that (tinnitus going away completely) happen to me was nearly three weeks ago (Monday August 27). Of course, it only lasted for around 20 minutes before it came back. I should mention at the time all I was thinking about was my tinnitus. I've quickly learned how to live with it.