Tinnitus Got Louder Four Times in Nearly Two Months

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ikbal, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Ikbal
      Curious

Ikbal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16th April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, but might be laughing gas, weed + (uni stress)
      Hello everyone, hope you are doing well... I got tinnitus on the 16th of April, almost 2 months ago and since then it has increased 4 times and not sure why... I have been eating well and taking vitamins. Have been checked by the ENT and waiting for the MRI scan to rule out any acoustic neuroma.

I suspect that my tinnitus is due to the fact that I made use of laughing gas + weed and during that period I was really stressed from university. However, I managed to do my 7 exams as tinnitus was 3/10, but after the 6th it increased and after that it increased twice. Now it's probably 9/10 or severe.

I am really scared as it keeps getting louder for no reason... and the last four days I took zopiclone to sleep, and today I haven't. I slept but was not deep sleep.

I was kinda habituated the first few weeks as volume was manageable but now it has become too much.

I don't really know what to do any more... my family is always with me and even sleep in the same room as my mom and dad, cuz I can't sleep on my own anymore.

Any help on what to do?

Thank you in advance :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Stay off the drugs.
      Anything that altars the mind can alter perception in T.

Also don't take any pills that could affect blood pressure or affect the way the brain works if you don't have to.

If you need sleeping remedies, try herbal first.
      Camomile tea, valerian root and so on.

Try cutting sugar out of your diet and try to get a good nights sleep, stay away from loud sounds and let your ears rest, no headphones/ loud music.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ikbal
      Curious

Ikbal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16th April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll try my best to stay away from drugs, the thing is that is really hard to get a good night sleep as the t is really loud . I cut down sugar, however, stupidly the other day was angry and just had doughnuts and other sweet stuff.

Even if before that I cut down sugar, it still increased so i thought that in my case diet does not affect my t whatsoever (I am probably wrong..).

I was thinking of antidepressant but as you suggest it's better to stay away from drugs.. I am taking herbal stuff already. Chinese tea, ginger tea, and ginkgo balboa. I did cupping and had 4 sessions of acupuncture which i dont' know if it's helping. I am spending so much money :(

I'll try my best and keep you guys updated if anything changes.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    4. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Do we know how sugar affects tinnitus?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Does for some, doesn't for others.

Diet doesn't affect mine, but plays havoc on others.

T is very much a pain in the butt, it can be different for everyone or similar to some.

6. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Have you had your B12 levels checked. Nitrous oxide can deplete what the body stores. Once levels get too low a regular vitamin dose might not be enough. B12 has been associated with T and if you are using nitrous recreationally please stop immediately. Recreational use can cause even young people to become severely deficient and that can cause lots of havoc in your body.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ikbal
      Curious

Ikbal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16th April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The first thing was to check my b12 and I also did other blood tests, which I dont remember now. I will do some more for other vitamins maybe there is a deficiency for something I did not check .. Regarding Nitrous oxide, I would blame only myself and not the person who introduced me to that. I wish I could go back in time but maybe that is not even the cause, who knows.

I just hope they found a cure asap, cuz it's really a pain in the ass and in my case it has become really loud.. But as Luke's saying time heals in a way. The brain does unexpectable things and as we got tinnitus it might get rid of it.
      Sometimes I just think it's just a sound that won't do any harm physically but as now I would just end it here. But, as everyone, I have a family that I love and I am young.. This is not a nice way to pay for your mistakes, nor something you should experience.

Sometimes I think about those people in the past who got tinnitus when there was not and medicine or someone to go to, or something at least to try and cure it. Even if we are in the 21st century and there is still not a definitive cure, we kind have a better understanding of what tinnitus is. And in some cases, if a cause is found it can be completely cured.

As I said I will keep you posted. Today I am going to try valerian root and see what happens..

Thanks for the replies :)

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Glad your b12 was checked. Mines was extremely low a couple of years ago and I didn't have exposure to nitrous but read about how dangerous it can be. Just wanted you to be safe!

9. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Tell me about it!

• Like Like x 1
    10. TSUCKS

TSUCKS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Nitrus Oxide, Mold
      I believe Nitrous oxide may be responsible for my tinnitus. I got the tinnitus during the use of Nitrous oxide recreationally. At the same time I also had Mono or Epstein Barr Virus plus Mold exposure, I had high levels of Copper in my system as well. All were likely contributors.

My tinnitus is incredibly loud 8/10, makes it hard to sleep, been suffering with it for a year and a half now. Stopping sugar and caffeine and increasing exercise seems to help.

• Hug Hug x 1