Tinnitus Has Affected My Relationship

Discussion in 'Support' started by Holly1987, May 11, 2018.

1. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I feel so sorry for my fiance, he has had to deal with me whilst I'm going through this spike, it can't be fun for him. He is such a wonderful guy, I feel so bad.

We can't do half the stuff we used to do together movies, concerts, crossfit etc. He never complains and supports me no matter how crazy I get.

I used to be such a fun and outgoing person, these days I'm so stressed about my ears I'm no fun at all. Nothing is fun, even our sex life has gone downhill because I'm too distracted by my ears to enjoy it (sorry if thats tmi) sometimes I feel like he deserves so much better.

*sigh* thanks for letting me rant, sometimes it feels good to let it out.

• Hug Hug x 11
    2. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am so sorry you feel that way :(
      I know how you feel, I’ve had some trouble also in my marriage, I know he gets annoyed at me. I just get so frustrated so easily now alot when I’m having a off day with my tinnitus.
      I hope things do get better for you!
      And I’m sure your fiancé is so understanding!
      How long have you two been together?

• Hug Hug x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you xx we have been together 3 years, how about you?

Do you feel tinnitus has changed your personality? Does your husband understanding how awful it is? I think mine tries but struggles a bit.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @Holly1987
      It is understandable that our emotional instability plus the limitation on what we can go or do with T can be an issue in healthy relationship. Sometimes, as I discovered in my case, tinnitus besides ruining us, can ruin our otherwise great relationship with our loved ones. I had such a mess initially with my ultra high pitched T plus severe hyperacusis that the negative emotions tend to take over us and spread to our relationship with others. When I discovered the problem, I decided to take an approach to fight back the T bully, to deliberately sweeten my relationship with my loved ones. The result was amazingly great which then became a ray of hope among the darkness of living with T. If you want to read about my approach, check out my success story in the paragraph devoted to our relationship with loved ones. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you so much @billie48, I will read now.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is a bit long story. You can jump to paragraph 14) for the message on relationship with loved ones.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Holly1987:It seems he really loves you. My wife went through something similar, and she stood by me, as he will for you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Seem this is the way it make you get frustrated. Restless. Especially if all we do keep think of our ears. @Holly1987 I myself can’t get that weird feeling off my chest. I feel my brain one day going to collapse from thinking too much. Putting a lot of pressure there. Breathing help to relax it and thinking of something happy thoughts. God blessings.

• Hug Hug x 1