Tinnitus/Hypercusis Is Holding Me Back from Having a Normal Life

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christina, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Lmsdocjeff

Lmsdocjeff Member

Hey Christina,
      Your recent entry sounds so discouraging. Don't stress over lost or losing ability and technique. It is still within you and you can restore it. You are operating in overload which will drastically impare your skills. T has thrown you out of balance. What other areas of your life have you noted change as a result of T?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christina

Christina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/15
      @daniel1111 - Thank you for the recommendation, I will have to look more into that. Headphones do seem to make the T louder, so I'm not sure how I would focus on it, but I'm sure it's worth a shot. I appreciate the advice.

@Lmsdocjeff - I am discouraged because I thought these earmuffs would be a solution to at least being able to practice for even a short amount of time. It's difficult as music has always been a focal part of my life. Without it, I am definitely not feeling like myself. It's really hard to describe how much T seems to creep into my daily activities. I feel like all of a sudden I have all these limitations that I didn't use to have. I have a work event coming up and I am already anxious because it's supposed to be a fairly loud one, which I anticipate will increase my T. Unfortunately, I can't miss it as I am required to attend because I'm a manager. Just little things like this which I used to pay no mind to before T are causing me a lot of worry and stress. I want to minimize the impact that T has in my life and at the same time protect my T from getting worse. But, it seems that in order to have a normal life, my T will have to get worse as a result. It doesn't seem fair.

Lately, I haven't been sleeping well due to stress and other things, but blocking the sound out even with a radio---I can still hear it. I've been doing my best not to check my T as often, however it does really fluctuate so it's hard to tell if it's getting at all better. My one year T anniversary is coming up on the 30th...I guess I was just hoping that it would've been gone by now.