Tinnitus Is a First World Problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by epin3m, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Where do you get that idea from?

2. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      It's kinda true. I've seen more empathy from acne and alopecia sufferers for their fellow sufferers in their respective support groups. I had hormonal acne and telogen effluvium a few years back when my mother almost died because of an infection. She thankfully made it through but the stress made my skin break out and hair fall out in the next several months. At the start, I felt guilty for feeling bad about my conditions ("It's just skin snd hair! There are starving children in Africa!") but the people in my support groups never made me feel like my worry and sadness were unwarranted. Even the women who decided to bravely go bald or makeup-free weren't condescending to us who were desperate to find treatments or temporary workarounds.

My skin has cleared up and though my hair is still thin, the shedding rate has considerably slowed down. But I'm forever grateful to the people who didn't invalidate my distress.

Sometimes, I'm worried we'll never find a cure for T and other ear conditions because if we sufferers can't take each other seriously, how can we expect the medical and research industries to do that?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      Yes valeri what an asshole, this idiot don't have a clue what severe tinnitus and hyperacusis is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Markku
      Can this thread be closed please, more shit has been said here than on the whole forum.

No tinnitus sufferer should be treated with so much ignorance, disrespect and arrogance from psychotic people who lost their way and landed on the wrong forum.

• Agree Agree x 4