Tinnitus Louder with Eye Movement at Night

Discussion in 'Support' started by Telis, Aug 28, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Does anyone experience this? When I wake up throughout the night, while still half asleep, my T spikes with every eye movement. It is a screeching sound in sync to the movement of my eyes.

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      This can be a part of the somatic T. Typically it's head and jaw movements, but eyes have been mentioned as well. I recall tongue as well in some cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. RicoS
      Confused

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      If I fall a sleep behind my PC for 10 minutes and wake up my T is very loud.... but when I have a full night sleep and I wake up...it's very low....but at the end of the day it is always loud perhaps just because I'm tired

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @RicoS,

Yours sound somewhat like mine. It is low when I wake up in the morning, but at the end of the day, it's at its worst! It's usually between 4:00 - 6:00 P.M. that mine is at its loudest. Then, after dinner, it begins settling down again.

• Hug Hug x 1