Tinnitus Originally from Sudden Deafness — Now the Tinnitus Is Louder, Joined by Dull Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lulubird, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Lulubird

Lulubird Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden deaf syndrome
      I have been living reasonably well for 8 years now with my tinnitus.

About 3 weeks ago the sound has increased considerably - I have just learned that it is referred to as a spike. I just cannot seem to put this aside as I have been able to in the past - I just never thought my buzz could get this loud.

My tinnitus was brought on by sudden deaf syndrome in my left ear. I received two steroid shots in the ear and took Progesterone and Valtrex (Valaciclovir) for two weeks and some of my hearing came back but along with it came tinnitus.

Can spikes go away?

I also feel a dull pain in ear at times since the spike started.

Any info would be appreciated - thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I am actually experiencing sudden deafness too in my left ear. Hope to get some hearing back. It feels full and pressured with a roaring type of tinnitus. I think if you have hearing back chances are good for the tinnitus to fade to more baseline level.

I am still working to get my hearing back. Keep praying and doing all treatments to try to save the deaf left ear. I will remain positive all will be well.