Tinnitus Spike After Going to a Restaurant on My Birthday (I Did Use Earplugs)

Discussion in 'Support' started by RoseFaith, Mar 2, 2019.

1. RoseFaith

RoseFaith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after 40mins in a bar
      Hi everyone,

I've had tinnitus since a little before New Year's, but now worrying about it possibly getting louder after a party, made it louder. My tinnitus is 100% stress-related.

In the beginning I had ringing in the right ear and after 3 weeks static hissing in both. After about 6-7 weeks, the tinnitus went down a whole lot. The ringing in my ear had decreased a lot and at some point even disappeared a couple of times, just for a few seconds/minutes.

Unfortunately, I went to a restaurant on my birthday 3 days ago. There was music there, it wasn't loud but I still worried about a possible spike in my tinnitus. I wore earplugs for protection and my friends even said the loudness at the restaurant wasn't loud at all.

Of course, because of the worrying (since my tinnitus is stress-related) the spike did happen and it now seems to be the loudness I started with when the tinnitus first appeared. I'm just really worried now.

I know stress caused it, so I need to destress, but I'm just really worried about the spike. How long will it take for it to go away...? Hoping some of you can give me some support. Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 3
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @RoseFaith ,
      Did you use foam plugs or noise reduction plugs ?
      I find when take foam plugs out I get a rush of sound and spike but not with noise reduction plugs.
      Try not to worry about how long the spike will last as only adds to the problem.
      Be kind to yourself ,go for walks and do what you can to relax and take your mind off it .
      We are here to support you and only a click away so you will get round the clock support .

love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RoseFaith

RoseFaith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @glynis

I used noise reduction plugs, -25db. Thought that would definitely be enough... But even during the dinner I worried about it so much, and now it is so much louder. It seems to be even louder than the onset was.

How long do your spikes usually last?
      I just really wish it would go away...

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @RoseFaith ,
      My tinnitus is severe in both ears and never stops due to Meniere's Disease.
      If you have not had your ears checked for a bit then worth checking for wax etc.
      Try not to worry but I totally understand what your going through as it's torture and hard to go through but you will get through it ,stay stong.

love glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RoseFaith

RoseFaith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So the spike hasn't gone at all... It only seems to be getting louder everyday.
      I'm so worried.

7. Fally
      Bookworm

Fally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no sure
      Mine has been doing the same thing since i last went into the city three weeks ago. I went to work this week and my ears spiked bad. Doctor know has me on sick leave for the next week and we will go from there. Like you they just seem to be getting worse every day.